Prolouge -Ellie

Well. What a strange turn of events. I stand in the middle of my playground, looking around for someone to help. But the problem is, too many kids are running around. I stand still, not really knowing what to do. I stand still while pinching my nose. It happens a lot, but usually, I have tissues. I just climb up to the top of the playground. I sit down still holding my nose. But it's getting to be too much. It starts dripping onto my white lace skirt. I silently cry as it ruins my skirt one drop at a time.

"Hey. Hey." A boy sits by my side, and pokes my arm. "Are you okay?"

I want to sniff, but my mom told me not to if I have a bloody nose.

"No." I cross one of my arms, still holding my nose with the other.

"Do you want to go to the teacher?" I nod and he helps me stand up, holding my hand, and walks me to the teacher.

"Ellie! You know you're supposed to come and get me when this happens!" The teacher immediately scolds and shoos us off to the nurse.

"So your name's Ellie, mine is Leo." We walk through the office door and Leo grabs me a tissue while we wait for the kid that's in the nurses's office at the moment. I hear someone puking and immediately plug my ears.

"What's wrong?" Leo continues to poke me. I silently point to the nurse's door, and he nods his head knowingly. The girl that was in there comes out with a bucket in one hand and a wet rag in the other. She walks past us and shots a rude glare in my direction. I unplug my ears and kindly wave her. She points her nose to the air and walks right past without even acknowledging me. Leo grabs my elbow and leads me into the office.

"Afternoon Ellie, another nose bleed?" Nurse Justine points to the chair where I wait until she gets another tissue. Sometimes they have extra clothes, but they're usually to big for me anyway. I guess I'll just have to do with my bloody skirt. Good thing it's about time to go home. 

Nurse Justine keeps handing me tissues, and eventually it stops, she let's Leo and I go back to class.

"So, do you have any older brothers? I have five, and a twin brother." I inform him as we walk down the empty halls.

"I have four older brother."  We reach the Kindergarten room and my twin brother comes running at me.

"Ellie! Where were you I was so worried!" Jason flails his arms around me and squeezes me in a hug. 

"Jason, I'm okay! I just had a nose bleed." 

"Whatever! You missed most of recess!" He crosses his arms and walks back to his table. Leo and I end walking to the same table, and we laugh that we didn't know each other.

"We should have a play date some time!" He laughs as we sit down.

"Yeah!"

"But we would have to invite my best friend."

"Who's that?" I pout, I thought I was his only friend.

"Caleb."

"Okay, fine." I just found a friend for eternity.