Chapter 2

I pressed my fingers to my forehead.

I know all to well what a mate is, but it must be a dream. I am not a winter sprite and werewolves don't exist.

"Are you ok?" Hayden asked.

"I-I need to talk to someone- someone who can tell me what the hell is going on." I said trying to process everything I just heard.

A knock sounded from the door.

Hayden got up and straightened his clothes out.

"Come in" he boomed.

The door opened to show a middle aged man standing there.

"Alpha, Lucy, the wailing woman is here." The man said.

"Let her in." Hayden said.

He sounded more firm than before.

"So you're the Alpha of the pack." I asked still thinking he was loony.

"Yes, and that was my beta ridge" he replied.

"Aren't you a bit young to be Alpha." I said remembering that Alphas' are usually like thirty.

"My Dad was killed by the humans, and now I am Alpha. I am only 21" he sighed.

"Good day Alpha, so it's true. You have the last winter sprite in your possession." A strange woman stood in the doorway. Her auburn hair framing her pure face.

"Lucy" he gave a curt nod and grabbed me by my waist and pulled me to his side.

"She is my mate" he added.

"I could sense you from the underworld, may you be lucky Hayden is your mate. He is the head Alpha of all packs." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"You're Lucy the wailing woman, aren't you?" I asked.

"Yes, Hayden she is very clever for human raised." She said turning her attention back to him.

"What is a wailing women?" I asked.

Lucy gave me a happy look. "Oh darling, I am a banshee!" She said mater-o-factly.

"What do you mean by last winter sprite?" I asked.

"If you really want to know you best sit down" she exclaimed.

I sat on the bed next to Hayden.

"Well sprites are like the life force of the world, they change the seasons and are in tune with the nature. Now there are all different sprites like you. You are a winter sprite. The last one I should say.

There are autum, summer, spring, wind, fire water ect sprites. As the world became more futuristic your kind started to die. The elements became out of balance and we depend on sprites to live, as do the humans.

If all sprites die, we die with them. There are still handfuls of you here and there, working to save the world but my dear you are the last winter sprite. If anything happened to you, you could die, killing the season of winter, dooming all kind to extinction.

All of underworld is trying too preserve your fragile lives." She finished.

"So it's not bull, it's all true. You're a banshee, he's a werewolf and I am a sprite." I said gathering everything.

"See there you go, you will do just fine." She said excited.

"But he's my mate! Which means we have to... I am not ready for that!" I shrieked.

"Oh so you know what a mate means" Lucy said. "I learnt it in books." I mumbled.

Hayden looked hurt. "What do you mean you're not ready yet?"

"I have lived in a bare gray room all my life, no contact with the outside world, all my knowledge from books, what makes you think I am ready for a relationship" I wailed.

Hayden pulled me to his chest, his muscular arms tightening around me.

"I am sorry"

"I will just leave you two be" Lucy Said creeping out of the room.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as our nose brushed. He leaned closer and I pulled away.

"I need to pee" I said.

Hayden sighed. "Bathroom is over there." He pointed to a door on the other side of the room.

"Thanks."

Thank you for reading. Let me know what you think. Plz

Vote

Fan

Comment

~echothecat