0.1

"Mila, I have to tell you something." Cara intensively taps my shoulder. We were currently in English class, and I was quickly trying to copy down the notes on the promethean board since our teacher always changes the slides way to fast. "Milana!"

"What Cara!" I frustratingly groan, turning around in my chair to face her. "I'm trying to copy down notes before I fail another test!"

"Gosh, I'm sorry!" Her eyebrows furrow together while rolling her eyes.

I sigh. "Sorry, it's just, ya know, my grades are slipping so fast, I just can't afford to get another D in this class." I frown. "And my mom and I have been arguing about this because it's like our senior year and college is right around the corner and-"

"Woah, Mila, chill." She grabs my shoulders. "We can talk about this later then." She picks up her pencil.

"No, what's up." I exhale, placing my pencil on my notebook in front of me.

"Well, you know that boy I was telling you about a few months ago?" She smiles, allowing her dimples, and pearly white teeth show. I slowly nod, furrowing my eyebrows. "He kinda just asked me out last night."

"What-" My mouth drops. "Have you even met him?!"

She slowly shakes her head. "Now before you get mad-"

"Cara, you met him over Twitter. He could be like a 50 year old pervert-" I shake my head, crossing my arms. Cara's mouth drops open, but the teacher interrupts us.

"Milana, Cara? Anything you want to share with the class?" She furrows her eyebrow, and crosses her arms. Cara and I quickly shake our heads. "Because it seems like you guys would rather talk then prepare for the quiz we're having next week-" She glares.

"We don't." I cut her off, picking up my pencil, turning around in my chair facing the board.

"Milana, see me after class." She draws a thin line with her mouth; receiving a few snickers of the students in the background, before focusing her attention onto the computer, changing the slide on the promethean board.

"Whatever." I internally roll my eyes, turning to a new page, quickly copying down the notes making my handwriting unreadable.

The bell rings, and I slowly gather my stuff and place it in my bag. Not only did I not want to have that talk with my teacher, I didn't want to hear Cara gush over a boy who is probably catfishing her.

"Milana." My teacher says, signaling me to come.

"Coming." I mutter before getting up from the desk, slinging my bag on my shoulder.

"Good luck." Cara cheekily smiles. "I'll wait for you outside."

"Yeah, whatever." I roll my eyes, chuckling. I walk up to the teachers desk and lean against the chalk board.

"Milana, I wanted to talk to you for a while about your grades." She says, placing her glasses on her head. "You're failing most of the tests I give out, and semester exams are coming." She sighs. "I just don't want you to fail this class, because I know how you want to get into a great university, and how you it's only you and your mom. She expects a lot from you, Milana."

I sigh and look down. It was true. "But I got a D in your class last quarter, I passed-"

"Barely, Milana." She crosses her arms, leaning back on her chair. Silence overtook the room, and she deeply exhales. "How about I email you some practice worksheets, to you know, catch up and try to understand what we're learning right now on your own." She says, putting her glasses back on, and clicks on the computer mouse focusing her attention on the computer.

"Yeah sure." I mutter, moving my dark hair behind my ear.

"Okay, check your email later today. I'll send the worksheets after school." She smiles looking up at me.

"Thanks." I sigh, turning around walking towards the door.

"Milana, you are a very smart young lady. You just need to realize that." She assures. I turn around and nod before walking out the classroom.

I look around the busy hallway trying to look for Cara, but someone pulls my arm. "Milana."

I turn around, and immediately roll my eyes."What Adrian." Looking back at the crowd.

"Now babe, you shouldn't be all feisty on me." He smirks, while I scoff. "Anyways, my place after school?"

"No!" My mouth drops open, and I glare at him. "Adrian you need to stop, okay? We fucked a few times, get over it. It happened over the summer. Now leave me alone." I pull my arm away from him, and start walking away.

"You'll come back for me." He yells past the students. "They always do!"

"Keep dreaming, fuckboy." I yell back, turning around putting on a fake smile.

{vote, comment, share}