chapter 1

I remember the first day I saw him. The first night actually. That morning my drunken mother dropped me off at school. I skipped it, that was the third time that week. School is just something that makes me unhappy and uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, I have friends. But recently everything feels so wrong. Except the long walks and the hard alcohol I swallow. I'm so angry and I don't know why. I want someone to listen to me and no one will. That makes me angry even more.

I walk the streets that cover this broken city everyday, I walk and I drink. Untill I forget and feel no more. My feet ache but that is so much better then my heart.

I remember walking down that dark cold street, North Dale I think is what it's was. I remember hearing a "Hey" followed by another small one. I turned around and saw him. I honestly thought he was Jesus Christ reincarnated or something. He was so beautiful. He is so beautiful. But that night he made me ache. He was obviously older, not by much. He has on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans on with a simple black shirt. But his hair? It was held back by a black head ban and he had these cute little loose curls. His eyes oh god, their this dark dark green with specks of blue and brown. He's like 5'11 so not much taller. I thought I was seeing something different because of how drunk I was. I thought of my mother.

I said "where you talking to me" he smiled and said "yeah" yet again repeating it. I shook my head "stop doing that." "Doing what?" He repeated it. "I'm sorry but I've got somewhere to go I don't have time to play games" I started to walk away and I stopped looking back he was still watching me, I didn't like it. But it didn't scare me. He was different. So beautiful. I turned and walked again, the sound of some old beat up truck or car was next to me. "I could give you a ride if you'd like, you seem like you've had one too many drinks" he smiled repeating him self. "No thanks" I glared at him, does he think I'm dumb? Why won't he stop repeating me. "Oh c'mon, are you sure? It's not problem. I've never seen you around here before, so you must live far away." Again he repeats it. "You don't have to repeat everything, I'm not that drunk and I'm not dumb. I speak English just like you." He smiled "I'm sorry" but repeated it again before continuing "I really can't help it, get in and I'll take you some place. Home?" I wait for him to repeat it before opening the door with a loud squeek. "Fine..fine.." I buckle up, inhaling what seemed like honey and mints. Oddly loving the mixture, I looked at him he smiled thay damn smile again. "So where to?" He asked, repeating driving away.