Chapter 18 - Pretending

He dragged me outside, the anger in his eyes still so prominent. "What the fuck was that!" He yelled at me, his hold on my wrist tightening with anger.

"Danny, please be quiet right now." I whispered, knowing the Hunters could be nearby. I didn't want them to hear us. I didn't want them to hurt him.

"Don't tell me to be quiet!" He growled out angrily, pulling me to a stop. "Now answer me! What the fuck was that?"

Just then, four Hunters from my hunting group came running towards us with their weapons ready and pointed at Danny. As soon as Danny saw them, he grabbed me and placed me in front of him with his hand placed around my neck. "If any of you shoot the arrow, I'll kill her." He growled out in a low, dangerous voice. I gulped in fear now. I wasn't sure if Danny was being serious or if he was just saying that so no one would hurt him.

"Guys, please don't do anything." I exclaimed hoping they'd lower their weapons and thankfully they did, knowing not to mess with an angry werewolf. Danny still had his hand around my neck but it seemed he was thinking about something. And that's when I realized he was calling for help through mindlink.

"Run! Run right now, he's calling for help!" I yelled at them, causing their eyes to widen before they all started to make a run for it. Before they could get anywhere, a group of werewolves came charging at them, knocking them to the ground.

The werewolves got ahold of them quickly while some retrieved their weapons. The rest of the werewolves went off in search for the rest of the Hunters. I hoped Thalia would warn the rest of them to leave as we had been caught. I knew Thalia would, I trusted her to.

The werewolves started dragging the four Hunters from my group away, as Danny took me somewhere too. In about a few minutes, I realized we were being taken down to the jail cells to be kept locked up. The four Hunters were all placed in one jail cell while Danny took me down to a different one, far away from them.

He dragged me inside and pushed me down onto the bench. His eyes were still cold with anger, and his jaw was clenched tightly. He took the chains attached to the bench and tightened one around my right wrist causing me to hiss in pain as he had done it quite roughly. He glanced up at me before taking the other chain and wrapping it around my wrist again, but this time he was careful so that it didn't hurt me.

He then got up and left the jail cell, not sparing a glance back at me. I slumped against my seat. I was upset we had gotten caught but I was glad that Danny had came and stopped the guard. I decided I needed to thank him because if he hadn't have stopped him, who knows how horrible things could have went.

A couple minutes later, Danny came back to my surprise. He was holding a pack of ice in his hand as he entered my jail cell. He quietly knelt down in front of me and gently placed the ice pack on my cheek. I flinched at the pain I felt at contact and cringed at how cold it was.

I stared down at my lap as I knew Danny was staring right at me. I couldn't look up and meet his gaze. "What happened?" He asked, his voice still sounding really angry.

"I... We... The..." I stopped, taking a few deep breaths before continuing. "I was supposed to seduce that guard. I was supposed to keep him distracted until everyone was able to kill at least one werewolf." I spoke with shame. I could feel his strong gaze still on me.

"Why the fuck were you crying then, if he wanted you to give him a blowjob? Isn't that what your plan was?" He asked his voice rising with each word. He seemed to be getting angrier and angrier by the second.

"No it wasn't. I never wanted it to go that far." I spoke quietly, my voice shaking.

"Well what did you expect was going to happen?" He was full on yelling now. "What did you expect Alina? For him to go out and buy you ice cream? For him to play hopscotch with you?"