( 'Д')

Max was tearful.

Max's POV

It was a long day at work. I was thinking really deeply about my situation with Adam and Ross and I ended up having a breakdown. TimTim was a couple of seats down from me and wanted to see if I was ok, but I refused his help. I have trouble showing emotion when I'm around the office; I don't want to be pitied by my friends. When it was time for lunchbreak, TimTim waited until we were far away from Adam and the others and then immediately came up to me and gave me a hug.

'It will be okay, calm down, you can do it, just...'

He paused as I started to cry a little, letting out quiet sobs. He held me tightly as I let everything out that I'd been holding in, the anger from liking Adam, the anger from Adam making me like him from his eyes, and easy smile, and, well, his 'Adamness'. I let out angry sobs until my thoughts turned dark and depressing. My sobs turned to those of despair, then fear, the fear of Adam, Ross, and everyone else at the office turning against me if they found out. I locked my secrets far down inside me. At least if everyone turned against me, I'll still have Tim.

I made it home late in the evening. My thoughts turned to curiosity. Did Adam like me? He hugged me sometimes, but then again, Tim hugged me. He talked to me sometimes, but then again, he talked to Ross more. Ah, Ross, the reason I'm so upset about this whole situation. I should stop thinking about Adam. It would make everyone happier.

But then again, I didn't want to stop thinking about Adam. He excited me when I spoke, and gave me hope that he at least appreciated me. Thinking about him made me happy, well, happy or self-destructive, it varied. I like him, I like looking at him, I like interacting with him, I like listening to him. Isn't that normal? I thought. Should I really be feeling this guilt? It felt dark and secretive, my crush on Adam.

I liked it.