~_~;

Max was anxious.

The next day, Ross took me out for lunch. He had declined everyone's invitations in advance for both of us without consulting me, which was admittedly irritating as I was hoping to have lunch with Adam. Ross drove us to the mall to eat at California Pizza Kitchen, which is somewhere we haven't been in a while. I later figured out that he chose the place because we didn't know the staff members, as we did in the sushi restaurant and other restaurants we frequented.
We sat down and ordered, Ross choosing a pepperoni pizza while I went for the classic mac 'n' cheese (lightly fried with panko, served on creamy cheese sauce). Ross acted awkward at first, attempting to discuss the day's videos and the various series ideas we'd been working on. I let him ramble on a bit about his plans we had already gone over. Eventually, the conversation ceased into an awkward silence. I took the opportunity to ask him why he brought me here.
I wasn't expecting the answer I was given. Ross has never been a confident person, and hadn't told anyone else that I knew of about his current situation with Adam, so when he announced he was going to ask him out the next morning I was a little unprepared.
We sat in an awkward silence for a moment, before it clicked that I should give him some form of moral support. I conjured up a smile and congratulated him. He smiled and I smiled back.
His was real and mine was fake.
After work, we hung out with Shelby again. Ross told her about his plan and asked her to ask Adam if he liked him. She awkwardly chuckled, and after avoiding the question for a while, she told us that she had already consulted Adam. She didn't give us a direct answer, but she hinted that the results were positive. Ross was overjoyed.
That evening, I forced myself to accept life without Adam. I got halfway there. I realised that my crush on Adam would pass, but Ross would always be my best friend. The best thing I could do right now was to be there for him.
Later in the evening, I got into a more negative state of mind. I was being selfish. My feelings for Adam were getting in the way of Ross's perfect relationship. I should be putting myself after him. He's my best friend. Regardless of whether or not he'd do the same for me, it's the right thing to do.
What the right thing I was doing was harder to figure out.