Vampires Exist?

"This can't be real. It just can't be. Right? Please tell me I'm right. Zero? Yukki? Please tell me I'm dreaming," I begged as I watched my friend collapse to the ground after the monster dropped her. The creature stood a few feet away as a few people surrounded it. The beast only laughed and blood dripped down it's disgusting face. 

     "Oh how wonderful. Oh, oh, oh. I want more. Little girl, are you going to give me more?" He looked at me, eyes red as death and I could feel myself tense. 

     "Go to hell," I said in response. I stood and began walking forward. I could feel the anger and pain pulsing through my body with my blood. I was furious.  

     "Oy, get back," I heard Zero command. I half turned to him. I could feel the ice in my eyes.   

     "You shut the hell up and let me do what I want," I told him. Yukki seemed more stunned by my transformation than Zero was. The others just watched. Their presence nothing more than a hinderance to me at the moment. 

     I continued walking forward until I reached my friend. I knelt next to her and checked her pulse. It was faint but there. I sighed and began picking her up. 

     "Where do you think you're going girl?" I heard the man say in front of me. I looked and saw him crouching, preparing to jump. I glared at him then carefully set my friend down again. 

     "You hurt my friend. I don't know what you are but if you ever come near us again, I'll kill you. That's a promise." I looked at him and I saw him laughing. 

     "You?" he said, "Kill me? What a joke." He didn't believe me. 

     "Try me," I challenged, my voice cold and dark. He stopped laughing and looked at me. I knew then that he believed my threat. 

     "Let's see what a little girl like you can do then," he responded before springing at me. He never made it as a shot sounded from behind me. I turn and saw Zero lowering his weapon. I scoffed before returning to my friend. 

     "What was that thing?" I asked the group. No one responded. One man came forward and helped me. "That was a level E vampire," he told me. I looked at him and saw fangs like the man that just died. 

     "So vampires are real then, huh?" I said lowering my head. "Good to know." I felt tired all of a sudden and tried to stay awake. I let my eyes close. 

     "We'll erase their memories of this and take them back to the school," the voice next to me said, "That way the headmaster can help them." I felt someone lift me in their arms. 

     "Thank you Kaname." I heard Yukki say. Kaname? Why does that name sound familiar? The sleep was pressing now. "I'll find you Kaname," I muttered as loud as I could.

     "You will?" he asked "Then I'll be waiting, if you can remember." I couldn't fight the sleep any longer and I drifted of to sleep.

     I woke up in the morning in the infirmary. My head ached and I knew that I had forgotten something. Slowly I sat up and looked around. Whatever it was I hope it wasn't too important.