Chapter 2

2: Merlin Gray

I GAIN A QUEST AFTER PROF TELLS ME A STORY

          Hi, there. Merlin here. I suppose Krista told you about me. I helped her discover her talent and help her get away from Grimlock several times. Right now, our lives are in grave danger, so you also have to hear out my story, 'kay? Good.

            I'm Merlin Gray and I am a fire warlock. My life was kind of messed up when I learned that I am a magician, much more a warlock. For us, magicians like wizards and witches are highly skilled but warlocks has the highest magic skills throughout times. My prof told me once that there were so many warlocks long time ago, they handled peace and prosperity well. But there was a warlock who've never been contented and destroyed everyone, blah, blah, blah. It's the same old story.

          But in our case, he was not. Prof said that there was a council, who ruled the magicians. There were 7 of them. The villain in the story was the head leader, Grimlock. He secretly 'led' the Council just for his own purpose- destroy the world and then create his own. When the Council heard his plans and betrayal, they disposed his title as the head ruler and was exciled. Magicians are pretty strict when it comes to evil. Even if there were just your plans, you could be exciled like Grimlock. After prof telling us this boring story (yes, it's true) he called me after class and gave me a quest.

             Unfortunately, all he said in the story had a continuation. He told me, "Merlin, you know what happened when Grimlock when he was banished, right?"

           "Yes sir." I replied him. "He formed allies and trained from the outside realm of Magic and took revenge on the Council, while carrying on with his plan. He got so powerful, more powerful than the council and slayed every magicians who were unprepared for the battle. The magicians who tried to fight were greatly outnumbered. When the winning side was of Grimlock's, the council had no choice but to do the most powerful spell done by the six of them. With a lot of will power and magic energy from them, they were able to contain Grimlock and his evil powers, but not enough to contain him for eternity. With the fierce battle they had, the council were exhausted and didn't live much longer."

           "Very Good, Merlin. But sadly you missed a good part." he said disappointedly at me.

           "What do you mean sir?" I asked in confusion.

           He sighed. "Not all the magicians were killed, boy. Only a few of them remained hidden and kept safe while the surprise attack happened. They were the children of the Council. They had the blood and power of their parents, but not well trained. They were still young at that time. Generations passed, magic was beginning to get scarce. When non-magic people thought that magic was evil, they forbid it but the descendants af the Council of Six secretly trained themsleves so that their generation of magicians will not die. We now hear news about Grimlock escaping from the containment spell. With the sources of the spell gone, the spell grew weaker and Grimlock became stronger. But the Elder maigicians, the new council today, decided to look for the descendants of the Council of Six to stop Grimlock. And now, I just found two of them. And they are in danger "

          He looked at me as if he just gained a trophy. He gave me a quest to look for this girl- Krista Faust, outside the academy. He also gave me a protection spell to ward away evil minions of Grimlock and he gave me several locations and I wasn't sure if I'd succeed in this mission.

          "Sir, how will I know the right Krista Faust, after giving me so much location with the same names of her?" I asked.

           "Just use your telepathy boy. She's a descendant of Throvea, The Water Warlock. She can communicate with a Fire Warlock like you." he said calmly.

            " What?! You mean, you think I'm a descendant of Seraphine? The Fire Warlock?"

            "Of course you are! Your eyes tells me so." he said to me. I wasn't sure why and how, but my eyes were dark red. It doesn't really go with my pale complexion and blonde hair, but I have red eyes. The color of Seraphine. Prof told me to hurry up on my quest or else Krista Faust will never know her true identity. So I went on my quest. 

             I went to New York, Paris, London, Philippines but no luck. Until I went to the last location Prof gave me and entered the school. In the classroom, I scanned every girl with my telepathy to know their names and sure enough, a girl with black hair and dark blue eyes matched the name I saw in her head- Krista Faust. So when I chose my seat, I chose next to her. Not beacuse of the reason you think! I just wanted to make sure that she really is a descendant of Throvea. 

              Then you heard what Krista told you how we first knew each other, while I was telling her that she was in danger and so is her mom.

               After the conversation, we went to their place, which was on fire...