Near Death Experience

Doctor's pov: after she leaves and the door shuts I wait.

And wait.

And... Wait.

I start pacing not even bothering with the door because it's wood, I use my Link to her to see that she's about to punch the prince, rolling up her sleeve. I tell her not to, knowing I'll just be a faint voice since we're so far away but she hears it, and stops. I stop looking through her eyes decided to give her some privacy, biting on my thumbnail nervous about what could possibly be taking her so long. She could be hurt! Or worse! All of a sudden I realize that my brain is blank. Completely blank. That never happens! Especially with Lydia's odd thoughts and songs in my head because of our link. That must mean... no.

The door opens suddenly.

"Where is she-" "The King has requested your presence." The guard says. I look at him, but follow.

We end up on top of a castle tower. King Charles is in front of me as he holds a black sheet with a lump under it. I hoped it wasn't Lydia but it was just as small as her. And as an old friend said "When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains how improbable is the truth." I approached him carefully.

"Hello King Charles-"

"I will pay you." Confused I asked him "Pay me.. Pay for what?"

"The slave! You fool!" The King insulted. "What? you mean Lydia? S-She isn't my slave!" I explained to him as if he was crazy. "I will make you richer then you have ever dreamed!" He exclaimed. "No! I don't care about riches! I care about her!" He quietly looked at me.

"Fine then. If I can't have her no one will." He pulled the sheet away to reveal Lydia a bruise on her head. I barely noticed the rain pouring down on us as he held her by the throat and over the tower. "No no No! What are you doing that for? She's terrified of heights when she's not in prepared!" I said to him. "I will give you one more chance old man. This castle for the slave." He offered.

"How many times do I have to tell you! We're travelers! She's been places you don't even have the capacity to dream of! She's done things that you'll never in you life be able to do! And she is much more important than you will ever be. Just because of the color of her skin does not mean that she has to or wants to work for me! She's a bit too lazy to do that but that's besides the point!...She works with me! That girl there is not my slave. She's my partner, my comrade, she's, she's my best friend. And I wouldn't give her up for every universe in this existence."

He looked at me with those same steely eyes.

"Fine." I sighed in relief. "But like I said; If I can't have her no one will." He said.

"Let me go!" Lydia wheezed.

"My pleasure."

I watched in horror as his grip on her neck loosened. And she plummeted to the ground.

Unknown person pov:

"Sir!" I turned to Toshiko.

"Yeah what's wrong?" I questioned, sipping my coffee. "It's the alarm! L-con one!" My eyes enlarged as I ran to my computer, dropping my coffee and pin pointing the exact location and time of where she was. I turned on my cameras.

I saw the sky moving farther away from the camera, also seeing the ground becoming closer.

"No no no!" I  frantically grabbed my vortex manipulator pressing the button and hoping I'm not to late.