Twenty-Nine

The ceremony went by fast. My mom stood behind Melissa, along with Jacob's best man. Luke sat beside me, along with Liam. We were in the front aisle able to see everything perfectly. There were plenty of people filling in each of the seats.

The decorations were intrinsic and everyone awed at them. Little did they know, the venue for the reception would be ten times better.

Family friends took everything we had prepared, while the ceremony occurred. We gave them the keys and they did their thing. The venue where the reception would take place is located at the beach. It's not exactly at the beach, but its scenery is the beach, in which after the reception, everyone is free to wander down to the shore if they like.

The reception hall is a building with ginormous glass windows from ceiling to floor, exposing the view of the beach- a secluded area, reserved for us, and only us. According to Melissa, since none of us have seen it, the tables are beautiful and everything inside makes you feel as if you're dining with a king and queen. She mentioned how they would decorate it to look like a garden. She wanted her wedding to be related to a picnic in the garden, with vines hanging around the walls, and flowers in pots of water as center pieces. She mentioned how the venue had these appetizers that looked like plants so exact, she refused to eat them. When she finally took a bite, she said she almost cried because of how good they were. All of it seemed far-fetched, but it's not my wedding.

Not once did I speak to Liam. My thoughts trailed to me being easy since we slept together and the time to get to know each other was so little. I'm sure Liam sensed something was wrong from last night, but he didn't push it by constantly asking. He really did mean it when he said he'd wait for me to tell him when I was ready. I also knew he probably wasn't going to wait much longer, so I must say something soon.

Now, I'm sitting at a chair in the venue's patio. Jade and Quinn haven't arrived, but I've been in here so no one would bother me. By no one, I mean Liam.

My hands are twirling with each other and I'm trying to not bounce my leg too fast. There's a part of me that wants to find Liam and explain what I'm feeling, but there's also the other part that is hoping he'd come and ask what was wrong like some cliché movie. I did glance at him some times; when I looked over, he seemed to notice and return the gaze. Just because I wasn't talking to him didn't mean I couldn't look at him.

It was a sight, today, for everyone. Luke has shaved, and he even cut his hair. He's wearing a new penguin tuxedo, paid by Jacob, over a cleaned body that took everyone by surprise. Of course he's brought along Regina who's wearing a satin blue mini-dress with black flats. Her hair is up in a side ponytail making this the only time she's ever looked beautiful to me. Liam has on the same suit as Luke, but if I may say so myself, it looks ten times better on him. This is also a thought that makes sense because I can't actually say my brother looks amazing but, by saying he looks nice is a paid compliment.

There's a light tap on my shoulder. It causes me to jolt. Quinn stands there, holding her hands together. She gives me a weak smile. "Hey, you."

"Oh, hey, Quinn," I stand up and give her a hug. "I thought you were someone else. Where's Jade?"

"She's out there getting food with Owen. I saw you out here after seeing Liam staring at you."

Liam knows I'm in here? He knows I'm in here, and he's not making a move to see if everything is okay. He knows there's something wrong. What is he waiting for? Is he waiting for me to come to him and explain everything? That won't happen because I don't exactly know what I would be explaining. "He- he knows I'm here?"

"Is there something going on between you two? I don't think I've seen you two separate when you can't help it."

"No," I say instinctively. "What about you? How are you doing?"