Chapter three

Pete's POV.
When I see the picture, a memory surfaces.
There was this beautiful woman holding a toddler.  I have no idea where I am or how old I am when this memory occurred, I don't even know if this is my own memory.  I do know that this is important so I tune into the conversation happening.
"They're to young and with another on the way, I can't bear to leave my babies." Said the beautiful lady.
"Neither do I, but you know it's the right thing to do.  We have to, darling" this came from an unknown voice distinctly male.
"I know, I know. Hope that's a nice name isn't it? Do you think it will be a girl or boy?" She just named my sister.  She's my mother ... How does a person react when they're mother just named their sister and you and your mom never  met? You faint, at least I hope it's the correct action. 
When I return to the world of the awake only Jessica is in the room, fuming.
"Where's Hope?" I ask confused.
This is where Jessica explains her fight with Hope, with me butting in occasionally gasping or reacting to Hope's actions. 
"Exactly she just blows up on me for basically no apparent reason. Then she burst out of the room, I was gonna follow her but you were unconscious on the floor so I decided to wait till you woke up." Said Jessica heatedly.
"Wow! So you have basically no idea where Hope went?" I ask.
"I have a fairly good idea but otherwise no, absolutely no idea." Jessica states calmly.
" We'd probably should start looking for her, depending on how long I was asleep.  How long was I asleep? Anyway coming or nah?" I ask.
"You were asleep for probably half an hour.  And if Hope thinks she can blow up on me without punishment then she's way wrong, you go on to look without me she needs the time to cool off anyway." Jessica says

~~~~~~~ Hope's POV

After awhile I decide to go to the stream near the orphanage, it has a miniature waterfall . Generally we are not allowed to go to the stream because of Madam Wilson's major fear of water; I don't know what caused the fear but it must have been huge.
I come here anyway 'cause the scenery is breathtaking, the stream is about six feet wide and  at most maybe three feet deep, there are wildflowers everywhere all different colors and it's beautiful.

The more I think, the more I feel like I did something horrible.  I should have never screamed like I did.  I guess I was just mad or angry and mostly jealous of the fact I never knew my parents and Jess and Pete did. 

"I'm not going back" I murmur to myself.

I'm sick and tired of being 'little Hope' who knows nothing about her past life.  "I'm gonna get my stuff tonight and be free for a change" I decide to go back to the orphanage until tonight when I can make my escape.