Chapter Twenty Six

Ian's POV

It's now only two weeks until the twins are due to be born. Lucy and I are a little worried because we're going to be new parents but we're ready for our babies to be born.

The twins' rooms are both fully decorated. Their clothes are in their rooms along with a lot of toys.

We finished decorating the house about three weeks ago with help from our friends. Keegan and Tyler helped me paint the rooms and put the furniture in them. Lucy wanted to help with the furniture but I wouldn't let her I didn't want her to go into premature labour due to heavy lifting.

She's currently taking a nap on the couch, she fell asleep while we were watching a movie that was kind of boring.

It's now just over five thirty in the evening.

I'm finishing making dinner, it's all cooked, I just need to put it into plates.

After plating dinner and taking the plates to the table, I filled two glasses with iced water and took them to the dining table. I then got forks and knives and put them beside the plates.

I went to the living room to check in Lucy. She had woken up and was looking at her phone.

"Did you sleep well, babe?" I asked her.

Lucy looked over at me and smiled.

"Yeah, I slept amazingly." She answered. "At least I was until the babies started kicking."

She then laughed and placed one of her hands on the baby bump.

"Two more weeks until they wake you up too." She said to me.

"It'll be worth it." I reply with a smile as I walk over to her.

I lifted Lucy's shirt and gently placed both of my hands on the baby bump.

"Your daddy loves you and your mommy very much." I spoke to the baby bump.

"And your mommy loves you and your daddy very much." Lucy said as she placed her hands over mine.

I placed a kiss on the baby bump then kissed Lucy lovingly. Lucy kisses me back and then smiled when we pulled away.

"You hungry?" I asked her as I held her hands.

"Starving." Lucy answered with a little giggle.

"Good because I made dinner." I informed her. "Your favourite."

"Babe,you didn't have to do that for me." She said with soft eyes.

"I know, honey, but I wanted to." I told her truthfully as I helped her to her feet.

"I love you so much, Ian." Lucy said as I helped her to the dining table.

"I love you too, Lucy." I replied as I pulled her chair out for her.

We both sat at the table and started eating dinner.

Lucy was nearly finished when she suddenly stopped eating and looked up at me.