Chapter 2

Bones thought that after Dante and Kat had turned a new leaf that if he made Kat go back to a life of robbery to pay her dues, Dante would leave her. Leaving her all for Bones. But he was wrong. Kat was determined to get the money the fair way. By studying for the 3 more months she needed for a degree and getting a job. But the gang wasn't going to wait that long. The gang kept giving warning after warning. Kat gave them the same answer. I'll get a job and then pay you back. She asked Dante for help but he couldn't do anything. Dante sent letter after letter to the gang to make them change their minds and give Kat a few more months. But the final warning was sent. And on a rainy night the gang struck. On the third floor of an apartment in the poor district of Venice, a bomb went off. In Kat's room. The police arrived and she was found dead. Dante had been out buying dinner for Kat and him to have when he got back to the apartment. Dante was stunned at the wreck. Bones, meanwhile, after hearing Kat was dead he slunk back to his underground life of booze. Dante was furious. He had no clue who murdered Kat. At first he was mad. He would murder the man who did this to him. But the more and more Dante thought about it he began to change his mind. The man who killed Kat had a mother and a father. Maybe siblings. And what if they still cared about him. Even if they didn't, he thought it fit to honor Kat the way she would want him to. She wouldn't want him to kill the man. So Dante decided he wouldn't try to take this hitman's life. But not everything went Dante's way. Dante tried to buckle down and do his work in college but he just couldn't focus. Not with Kat gone. She was his motivation. So Dante left the college and everything behind. His morale got lower and lower. He thought he could survive without Kat but that just didn't seem possible to him at this point. He decided to go back to his life of crime, this time pulling off more dangerous stunts like bank and museum robberies. But he vowed never to kill anyone. No family should have to mourn for a murdered son, daughter, husband, brother or another family member. As long as it was up to him, no more deaths would happen on his watch. He considered suicide. No one would miss him. No one would care. But he couldn't bring himself to do that. He too was a human and killing himself would be murder. His love for Kat still burned strong so he swore to never break his vow. And he went beyond no killing. A museum in Florence is where this story begins.