Chapter 4

At this time it was about four-forty five. Dante knew that today was an early opening day for the museum. The doors would open at five. The lazy attendant would be around any minute. And Dante was ready. He had swept up the glass and blood and had hidden any sign of conflict or theft. Dante stood in the corner, out of sight from the entrance. He heard the attendant's footsteps coming closer. As Dante suspected the attendant didn't even stop. When Dante left he closed the doors and posted a note that said, "UNDER CONSTRUCTION. PLEASE STAY OUT." He also made sure that he had the warning in multiple languages so there wasn't any confusion. After all museums like this one had many different nationalities visiting. Better safe than sorry. Dante made his way out of the gem exhibit and hid in the men's bathroom. Dante locked himself in a stall and crouched down on the lid of a toilet. He pulled a weird looking remote with multi-colored cords sticking out in every which direction. Dante hit the only button on the remote and waited. While waiting Dante changed his clothes to blend in. Then finally he heard it. The fire alarms began blaring. The device he had planted had released the smoke cartridge and had set off the alarms. Dante stuffed his clothes and the remote into the backpack. Everyone in the museum was in panic. Dante began his acting and looked around confused. He began to ask people what was wrong but everyone was either screaming, running, or just ignored him. Dante finally dropped the act and began running with the hoards toward the exit. Three minutes later Dante was out of the museum and had blended into the side streets of Florence.

He would be off to the black market in some hidden location, and pick up some beer. And then he would plot his next target, and find some more beer. Then he would gather supplies, probably with a beer in one of his hands. Then he would strike his target, but not before having another bottle of beer. You see, Dante had an affinity for beer. It made him forget his past struggles. You can't blame him. A family he never knew, on the run from police, his girlfriend was murdered, and he had no home. This was his one way he knew to forget all troubles. Dante was a man with interesting morals. He was vehemently opposed to killing but to drunkenness and theft he didn't mind. In fact he hated museums. Museums have so much money stored in historic objects. They just sit there for the rich to admire and the poor to long for. He decided it was up to him to steal and get the money from these objects. And it wasn't just the Florentine museum he had robbed. He had broken into about seven different museums. Each time stealing different objects to keep the world guessing. Growing up on the streets had hardened him. But little did he know his perspective on life was about to change.