Chapter 1

Tessa brought Jem into her apartment. It was a good size for what she had needed in the past. She placed Jem on the couch. She began to work around him. Her phone range. She picked it up, "Hello, Tessa speaking." "Tessa, its Magnus, I have a slight issue." She sighed. Her gaze went to Jem, who was laying on the couch with his head propped up with a pillow. "I want to hear what your dilemma is and decide if it worth looking into." Magus sighs in relief into the phone. "Thank heavens. I am trying to decide on a color of Alec and I's wedding and-" "That is what you called me about?!" she yelled through the phone and ended the call. Jem looked at her, "Is everything alright?" She took a deep breath, calming herself before speaking to Jem. "Yes everything if fine. How are you?" She said as she went to sit next to him. "Tessa, I am fine. Really, there is no reason why-" He coughed, "Why you should be worried about me." She gave him a look. He sat up. "You just coughed up a storm just getting to the apartment and not to mention you tried to cough up your drink." She stated very strongly. He placed a hand on her cheek. His hand was shaking uncontrollably. 

Jem knew something was wrong. He was cured from one of Will's decedents' named Jace. That should have reversed the effects of yin fen. Though here he was coughing uncontrollably, his hands shaking, and having to make Tessa worry about him. He didn't like making Tessa worried like this. It made him feel worse. He heard her phone ring again. She scoffed and went to see who it was trying to call her. He knew the last person to call hadn't pleased her at all, in fact they had angered her. With her now on the phone cursing at the person on the other end of the phone Jem got up and went to get a glass of water. Her back was to him the whole time as he grabbed a glass, filled it with water, and drank. "Alec, at the moment I am not concerned about your wedding with Magnus, but I would appreciate it if you could have him stop fooling around with color choices and have him get up to my apartment to check up on Jem." There was a pause. Magnus Bane getting married. Jem thought. He dumped the rest of the water he was not drinking, in the sink, he then braced himself against the counter. You're fine, Jem. You are not ill. You just had a bad lunch was all. He coughed again. When he straightened up and went to change his clothing he blacked out. The last thing he heard was Tessa turning around and running over to him yelling his name.

I am sorry for not being on and writing!!! I was waiting for enough reads and ended up forgetting about the book completely!!! As it turns out there were more of you guys liking the Wessa fanfic more the this Jessa one so I might make another Wessa fanfic once this book is finished and that book is more planed out than these. I finished this chapter as much as I thought what might have gone into it back when I started writing it which was about the begging of the year probably. But I will make sure that the next chapter is posted more quickly and not as long of a period as this one was. Again SORRY!!!