PART 1

A Night With Marcus Johns

~ CHAPTER 1 ~

It all started when I was simply walking home from the beach.

I was walking down Pacific Coast Highway in good ol' sunny Southern California. I forced my tired and sore legs onward after a long day of surfing. The last few days of Summer were approaching, so I was trying my very best to make every moment count by escaping from reality and into the sea instead.

I carried my surfboard as I was about to approach the crosswalk, when I saw a pit bull run across the street. It ran right in front of a black and quite dirty van.

"Oh no!" I screamed and closed my eyes, not wanting to witness such a terrible accident happen.

But I heard no scream, yelp, or impact. I then opened my eyes to see the black van stopped, dog unharmed, and safely making its way to the other side of the road, now that the light was red.

"Phew." I said to myself, and then began to walk across the street.

As I walked across the street I heard a car door open. I barely had enough time to glance and see that it was the door of the black van that I was now in front of, everything went black.

~ CHAPTER 2 ~

I woke up to the sounds of shaking and chattering, with some men arguing. I couldn't understand the language the men were speaking yet because there was ringing in my ears. My head throbbed and as I reached up to feel it, I felt a large bump. I also couldn't see because blackness covered my face. Just then....it hit me. I had been kidnapped.

Thousands of questions began to swirl around in my head. What do I do? What will my parents do? Will I get killed? Raped? Held hostage? Are these people terrorists?

I was completely terrified. I decided not to move, because they might shoot me in case they thought I was already dead, and if they knew they didn't kill me, then they might want to finish their job.

I carefully thought out a plan in my head; the next time the van stopped, I would leap out of the bag, burst open the doors and try to make a run for it. Even if the doors are locked it was the best I could do.

I lay there still, quiet, sweating and terrified waiting for the next time the van would stop, which seemed like forever. Being still for so long felt like knives jabbing into my bones every time the van turned or hit a small bump. However, no matter what, I didn't move. I had wondered how long I had been out. Was it night yet? Did my mom know that I was kidnapped? My poor family would be so worried.

Just then, the car came into an abrupt halt that slightly sent me rolling forward. This was my chance.

Summoning all of my strength, I punched through the bag and sprang out. I saw the doors and I lunged towards them, with my shorts being grabbed onto, but I kicked hard and the grip was lost.

I threw all of my weight into the doors, and they busted right open, sending me tumbling onto the street. I landed wrong on my ankle, and I'm pretty sure I heard a crack. I stood up and tried to run, but I collapsed as my ankle gave out, sending streaks of pain down my leg. I cried out until I was lifted up and thrown back into the van.

"Nooo-" I could barely speak I was in so much pain. "HE-ELP!!" I could barely croak up. "You shut up or I'm putting a bullet in your head right now!" A freakishly tall man screamed at me as he showed me his gun. He was buff, with disgusting piercings all over, some hidden in his dirty beard. I could barely see his tattoo covered face in the dim, sunset light.

I did what I was told, and I wanted to break down and cry not only from the pain in my leg, but the fact that my chance to escape was now ruined. The man shoved me into the corner and then leapt over to close the doors.