New Scars

Demi's POV: After lunch I took Spencer to the Child Protective Services office downtown; it was hard but she told them everything. Or at least I think it was everything; it did seem like she was holding something back. But I guess it doesn't matter; they arrested her father and she's allowed to stay with me for now. I just brought her back home and I could tell she was drained. I brought her into my room and had her lay down on my bed. I lied next to her and was on my computer while she watched tv. Around 3:00 I heard my doorbell ring. "Stay here Spence, I'll get it." She nodded and I headed downstairs; I opened the door to find my mom with a bouquet of flowers. "Hey surprised to see me?!" She asked as she hugged me. "Um yea, I thought you weren't coming back from Dallas for another week?" I questioned. She walked in and gave me the flowers. "Well I missed you and your sisters so I came back early; so what's been going on around here?" She asked smiling. "Well....actually..." I looked up and saw Spencer at the top of the stairs. My mom looked up and her smile faded. "Who's this?" She asked turning towards me. "Um mom this is Spencer...'' She nodded and smiled at Spencer who backed away a little bit. "Spencer it's okay." I told her. I grabbed my mom's hand and led her into the kitchen. "She looks a little young to be your friend Demi." She said with a giggle. "Okay it's kind of a long story so I'll give you the just of it. I found her crying and beaten up downtown; it turns out that her step dad beats her up like that a lot. So I went to Child Services and they said that for now she can stay with me until the trial with her step dad." I said quickly and exhaled. "Demi....you can't take care of someone when you have to take care of yourself...." She told me frowning. "Yes I can...I couldn't send her back to her dad and she's terrified to go back into foster care. I know I just met her but I really care about her mom." My mom sighed and took a seat on the stool by the island. "Demi...it's sweet that you want to help her but....She seems a little unstable." I sat down with her. "Mom she's the sweetest thing ever....it's just that she's scared of everyone and everything. But she trusts me, in fact I think I'm the only person she does trust. And....." I look back towards the stairs to see her still standing there waiting. "She cuts herself because of all she's been through. And if you knew her like I do then you'd understand that she just want is to be loved." She sighed again and whispered, "I understand why you feel the need to help her....I mean she reminds you of yourself." I rolled my eyes. "Mom I'm helping her, whether you're on board or not. I'm not going to dismantle her trust with me." My mom gave me a slight smile. "Okay then....I guess I need to properly introduce myself." I smiled back at her and responded, "Great. Thank you, now just speak slowly and be very have a very gentle attitude towards her." She nodded and we went back in the living room.

Spencer's POV: I waited for Demi and her mom to come back into the room; when they did Demi came up the stairs and grabbed my hand. On the way back down she whispered to me, "It's okay, she's nice and she won't hurt you." I nodded but stayed behind Demi. "Spencer this is my mom Dianna..." Demi said as I grabbed her shirt. "Hi there Spencer. It's nice to meet you." She said reaching out her hand. I scooted behind Demi and Demi gave her mom a shrug. "Well Demi before I found out that you had company I was going to ask if you wanted to go to the mall and go shopping. Would you still want to go?" Dianna asked looking optimistic. "Well I did want to get Spencer some things....Would you want to go Spence?" Demi asked me. I shrugged and nodded yes. Demi grabbed her keys and purse and we went out to her car. "Are you sure you can do this? I wouldn't want you to push your body too hard considering how banged up you are." Demi asked as she slid me into the back seat. "I'm okay." I told her. She smiled and got in the drivers seat and we were off. Then it hit me....She'll want me to try stuff on and she might see my scars on my hips....so much for keeping this secret.

Demi's POV: When we got to the mall I looked back to see Spencer looking a little uneasy; we got out and headed inside. But then I saw the paps surrounding the area. They started to form a circle around us. "Demi, Demi who's your friend?" One of them asked. Now I felt bad, if Spence was uneasy before....I can only imagine what she's feeling now. I walked over to her and grabbed her hand. At first she was tense but when we got inside I felt her relax a little. I gave her a smile and we all headed in a couple of stores. After an hour I found Spencer a few pajamas, bras, and underwear cause I mean lets face it....my stuff was just too big. I got her some new shoes and socks. When my mom went off into a furniture store I thought this would be a good time to get Spencer some new shirts and pants. We walked into a certain store and realized that she needed to get fitted. So I had one of the employees measure and weigh her. Spencer looked a little nervous but the guy doing this looked at me concerned. "She's only 13 inches and she only weighs about 87 pounds." I nodded and took Spencer into a corner of the store, "Spencer, I didn't realize you were that small." I gave her a hug and she looked upset. "Don't worry sweetie we're going to fix that." I told her. "Now come on, let's get you some clothes that fit." She still looked upset but I figured getting some new clothes might turn her frown upside down.