Secrets And Lies

Spencer's POV: I watched as Demi ran a washcloth over my scars. I was still really upset and even though I knew I would have the nightmare I really just wanted to sleep. She looked at me and gave me a half smile, then she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back, I mean how could I not. She's the first person to hug me since my mom's funeral. "How long have you self harmed?" She asked pulling out back. It took me a second to register her question. "Since I was ten." I responded. She looked at me with sad eyes and I knew she wanted an explanation but I wasn't ready to tell her. I think she sensed this because she then grabbed my hand and led me to the guest bedroom. She pulled down the covers and had me get in; before she turned off the bedside lamp she tucked me in and gave me a peck on my forehead. She then got me an ice pack and put it on my ribs. "Hopefully that will make them feel a little better. Oh and here.." she said as she gave me two pain killers. I gulped them down and she turned out the light and went over to the doorway. "I'll see you in the morning okay? If you need anything though, just come and get me." I replied, "Okay....Thank you." She smiled, "Of course sweetie," and she went off across the hall.

Demi's POV: I walked back to my room after making sure that Spencer was comfortable...well as comfortable as she can get for right now. I slid into my covers and flicked off my lamp. Hopefully she'll be okay through the night; the poor thing looked like she hadn't slept in days. I still had a lot of questions but I didn't want to make her feel like she has to tell me. Something told me that it's something about her home life. And I mean who gave her all those bruises?? And I can't believe that she's been cutting since she was ten....I mean why, what happened? I guess only time will tell.

Spencer's POV:(3:30 am) "Get off of me daddy! I don't like this game.....ow ow you're hurting me!" "Will you just shut up....Just shut up you little bitch, yea you're daddy's little bitch aren't you?" "No! NO I'm not!!!!" I woke up screaming that. I quickly put my hand over my mouth and looked around. I needed my blade and I needed it now. I went over to the chair across the room where my clothes were. I put my hand in the inside pocket of my leather jacket and pulled out a blood stained razor. I quietly headed across the hall to the guest bathroom, but I stopped at Demi's door and saw that she was still sound asleep. Good I didn't wake her; I continued into the bathroom and locked the door. I sat on the floor and was about to drag the blade across my arm when I remembered...Demi saw my arms, she's going to be watching me and making sure I don't have any new scars. Crap....I guess I can do it on my hips, she didn't see those. I pulled the baggy pajama pants down along with my underwear, so I wouldn't get blood on them. I dragged the blade across my waist on short little marks. After about half an hour I washed my side and my blade feeling satisfied. I headed back to bed only to stay awake and stare at the ceiling until morning.

Demi's POV: It was about 3:30 in the morning when I thought I heard Spencer in the guest bathroom. I figured she was just going to the bathroom but after thirty minutes I considered going and checking on her. I was just about to get up but then I see her come out and head back to her room....she was walking kind of weird and holding something in her hand. Oh god did she cut? Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions....I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Spencer POV: I got out of bed at 8:20, tired as hell and in pain. I tried to sit all the way up but my ribs were crying out in pain and so was I. I saw Demi walk in and she rushed to my side; "Are you okay Spence?" She asked helping me all the way up. "My whole body hurts like hell." I told her. She gave me a sypathetic look and responded, "Once we get you dressed, I'll give you some more pain pills okay?" I nodded and she led me to her closet. She stripped off her pajajmas and put on a black flowy shirt, and grey wash jeans. Then she grabbed my shirt and started to pull it over my head, then I remembered about my new scars on my hips; I couldn't have her find out about those too. I mean if she does I won't have any secret place to cut anymore. I quickly stepped back and out of her grip. She looked confused but didn't step torwards me. "What's wrong?" She asked. I shrugged, "I can do it myself..." I said quietly. "Spence you can barely stand up, let me help you." She took a step forward and I took another one back.

Demi's POV: I was really confused with Spencer right now. She's acting really weird about me helping her change. I know we just met but come on, she knows I won't hurt her. Maybe she's hiding something, then I think of last night. "Spencer did you sleep well?" I asked. She looked at me for a moment then responded quietly, "Yea I slept fine." She didn't seem like she was telling the truth. "Did you get out of bed at all?" I know I wasn't vague but give me a break, I needed to know. She looked to the ground and nodded no. "Are you sure you didn't have any problems?" She nodded yes and stood waiting for me to exit the closet. I gave her a white shirt, and Pink pink jacket, and her dark wash jeans that I washed. I walked out and sat on my bed. She just lied to me.....I guess she is hiding something.