A Gift for Revenge

A student yelled, "Or what?" in the audience and there was a moment of silence before Principal Swift sang, "'cause then we'll have Bad Blood".

Samantha was dying in the back of the room. She wanted her to announce the winners and like a mind reader Principal Swift said, "The prom King is..... Jackson Hawthorne."

Everyone cheered even though they knew he would win. "... and I would like give a shout out to my ex-girlfriend Samantha Hutcherson- Lawrence." Everyone gasped. Did he just break up with me? OMG! Put a smile on now because everyone is looking at you now. He gave a short speech and when he was leaving the microphone he spilled some of his water on the floor, but no one noticed.

"This year's prom Queen is... Samantha Hutcherson-Lawrence," she announced.

The crowd cheered and her best friends were screaming their heads off in the background. She took out her speech as she was going up the stairs. As she walked up to the microphone the paparazzi, Emma, and all of her friends bursted into the room. As she started her speech her hand flew, towards the microphone.

"I would like to................."

At that moment, electricity surged through her body. She stood standing for an additional second, but then she dropped.A dandelion was thrown at the stage and the ambulance arrived just as it landed on her chest.

After that, all Samantha remembered was waking up in the hospital. She followed one of the doctors out of the room who led her to her parents.

"HI, MOM AND DAD! What happened?Why are you so sad?"

The doctor told her parents something and they burst into tears.

Mom said, "Can I see her?"

"Sure you can. I am right here."

Her mother couldn't hear her. She kept on taping her mother because she thought it was a joke. Suddenly, she looked in the room. She was still laying down in the bed. IT took her a minute to figure it out. She was DEAD!

Her immediate reaction was to start crying, but eventually she got angry. Angry that Emma had won. Angry that she had not finished her speech. Angry that her boyfriend had dumped her in front of the whole school and cost her, her popularity. Angry her parent had lost a child. Angry her life had been cut short.

But, why?

She returned back to the school. As she looked around the stage she saw the spilt drink. JACKSON! She hated him so much at that moment. It no longer mattered that he was cute. He would pay now! How could she make him feel pain, sorrow for eternity? Finally she had an idea, but first she would rest.

She went to what used to be her own and tried to lay down in her bed,but she just fell through it. Finally, she decided to just look around. When suddenly, she sensed something she wasn't sure what it was, but it had to be important. She decided to pay Jackson a visit. On, the way to his house she was forced to walk because she couldn't call her limousine. By the time she arrived all of her anger was boiled up inside.

When she arrived at his front door she was about to try to walk through it,but it just opened and Jackson came outside. She followed him until she arrived at his destination: the mall. He Was meeting up with Emma.

"Oh, hi Jackson. I am so happy!" said Emma.

"Why?"

"Isn't it obvious? She is dead and she died unpopular."

"Oh. Well.Was that it?'

"Yep."

"Okay, then. Bye Babe"

On the way home Jessica walked past an animal shop, but instead of the baby puppies that were usually there there was a single black cat that hissed at her as she looked at it.

When she got home the news was on.

"At 1:43 today a boy was run over by a car. He died on the way to the hospital. The peculiar thing about this story is that when they lifted his body from the hospital bed there was a bloody message underneath it that read: 'He had it coming'. Police are looking for the killer of 16 year-old Jackson Hemsworth. If you have any information call Crime Stoppers..."

She screamed and fell on the floor to cry,but in the background faint laughter could be heard in the background. It was just the beginning. As Emma got up and ran towards her room a single dandelion petal appeared on the floor.