s e v e n ;

Tiffany

--

"Mikey Fusco was seen with a mysterious girl yesterday at Sirius XM. Who is she? Does Lainey know? Are they together? More to come on E! News." Jane Rose blabs her gums on my tv. Things blew up, and they blew up quick. Mikey had asked for my number and I agreed to give to him. He hasn't stopped texting me since last night and it's kinda interesting catching up with him.

He told me that after I left, he stopped making deals and came up with a bullshit life that he could live and went into singing. He said at first it was just something to get him out there and make enough money to leave Texas but then he fell in love with making new sounds. I told him I was proud and excited for what's to come. 

That's when, he asked what I was gonna say or how I was gonna respond to the media. I said I wasn't going to and he asked to meet up with me today which was weird but I said yes anyways. I have to be ready in thirty minutes and I honestly don't wanna move from my spot on the couch.

I grab my phone and open the messages between me and Mikey, re-reading all of them. I smiled along the way and felt my cheeks become hot and flushed. I glance up at the time on my screen and quickly stand up. Twenty minutes have already passed?

I run to my room and quickly change into some dark jeans, a white tank top and a black cardigan over that. I brush my hair and whip my head around to get it a fluff, which works. I hurriedly put on some socks and my white converse before grabbing a piece of gum, my phone and keys. I make sure to lock my front door before running to my Silverado and getting in.

I enter the cafe and spot Mikey sitting at the back table. I quickly rush over to him and sigh, "I'm so sorry I took a nap and overslept." I lie and he frowns, "Well don't make me feel bad." He chuckles and I smile. "So why'd you wanna meet?" I ask, "Besides the fact that I wanted to see you, again, I need a favor." He licks his lips.

A waiter gets our order before Mikey continues, "What is it?" I raise a brow, "It's not a favor, more like a blessing." He blushes and looks down, "I want you to be my girlfriend, Tiffany."

My heart stops and I feel my cheeks heat up, again, "Why now? I mean, we grew up together and you had the chance then, so why here and why now?" I ask even though I wanna say yes. He bites his bottom lip and sighs, "I couldn't back then, Tiff. If I had you as my girlfriend, they would find out and many people would go after you. More than what we both could handle." He reaches across the table and grabs my hand.

The waiter brings our coffees and smiles before walking away, "But you knew I could handle mysel-" Mikey cuts me off, "I knew you could, I still know you can but the matter of the fact is that if they wanted something from me, they would stop at nothing to get it from me. Even if it included hurting you." He explains. He's right. They would've had more men and stronger weapons.

"I understand." I nod and look up at him, "So, now that we're safe and calm, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks once again. I smile at him before he begins to reach into his pocket and pulls out a red box. He opens it and reveals a ring in the shape of elephant with a rose and hearts as his ears. It shined and gleamed in the sunlight.

"The media, your fans. How are we gonna keep this on the downlow?" I ask and he chuckles, "Oh sweet thing, we're not. If I've got a girl like you, I'm showing you off everyday. Fuck peoples opinions." He winks. I blush and hold my cheeks while thinking. Should I? What in the hell will my dad say?

"Mikey, my dad. I need his opinion and approval. What if he thinks this is a bad idea?" I sigh and he glances to the entrance of the building. I turn over my shoulder and see paps gathering outside. I look back at Mikey and look down, "Go."

"I'm not leaving without an answer." He demands, "You have to, they'll suspect something." I reply and he looks down at the ring, "Answer me."

"I already did." I say back, "Tiffany, just blurt out a yes or a no." He begs, causing me to look down at the ring and panic.

"I'm sorry Mikey but not yet. Now, please, go. I'll go out the back and you go out the front. I love you." I grab his cheeks and lightly peck his lips before grabbing my foam cup and exiting out the back, into an alley.