one

Staring at the electronic clock, Stephanie waited. She waited and waited until it was the perfect time. Thoughts clouded her mind, like they did everyday.

It was now 11:00 and Stephanie was still staring at her clock. Her room wasn't that big but it was a decent size. It was her room that she got to decorate everyday. Stephanie liked vintage things in her room. They reminded her of her mother, who passed away a few years ago to lung cancer.

There was never a day where Stephanie didn't think of her mother. She was her best friend. Now she's in heaven looking over her with a smile. Thankfully her mother had a sister, who took her in with open arms. Aunt Kasey was the best she could ever ask for, but her mother will always be the "better" parent.

Waking up out of her trance, Stephanie quickly looked at her clock. 11:12. Sighing she laid back in bed.

Why do I always miss it? She thought.

Every night she would stay up to wish on 11:11. And everyday she missed it by one minute. It was like the world didn't want her to wish on it.

Laying back in bed, she closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep. Sleep fixed everything most of the time.

She tried to think of happy thoughts, times with her mother. Thinking of her mother and her together were where her thoughts were.

Soon she drifted peacefully asleep. Dreading for tomorrow.