Chapter Two: Game On

As soon as I slapped him, a deathly silence fell all over the decorated Times square.

Not a single person opened their mouths or made any movement.

Even the birds, if there were any, stopped chirping.

There was pin drop silence.

I have heard that silence is golden. But this silence seems deafening to me.

I panted, taking heavy breaths of air, trying to regain my energy that was used.

I glanced up to meet his eyes and gulped.

Alright! God! Prepare a very nice cosy room for me in Heaven because i am definitely dead now.

He glared at me so hard, shooting daggers towards me. If looks could kill, I would have been dead twice.

He stalked towards me, his gait like that of a predator.

Everyone watched in anticipation of his next move, including me, yet not a single soul moved.

Everyone was frozen.

I could not even step back as I watched him. It felt like two ice hands were tightly gripping my ankles, obstructing my movement.

He continued glaring at me intensely as he closed the distance between us.

My breath hitched at his close proximity. I inhaled his scent and blushed.

He smells so manly and raw, of musk, sweat and Old Spice.oh Gosh!

I gulped again.

I watched in anticipation, as he lowered his head and whispered slowly through clenched teeth.

" You. Will. Regret. This."

4 words.

Just hearing those four words, I saw red.

I screamed," I will regret this?  You big hypocrite! I will regret this? Pathetic human being. How dare you? Someone's life is at stake and you talking about this stupid revenge?!. You!!"

I was about to take a step towards him, when security and Mr. Wesley came and gripped my hands, preventing him from throwing another punch.
"Let me go!",  I thrashed.

" Miss, please calm down. Let's go from here. Ethan has managed to pull some strings and and airlift my wife to the hospital. Let's go Miss.", Mr. Wesley soothed.
Hearing this, I nodded at him and stepped back, following him. Just as I was about to vanish into the crowd, I turned back and took a last kook at the man I slapped.

He was standing there, a cold cruel smirk on his face.
Seeing me , he mouthed.

" GAME ON"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One Month Later.

What do you think happened in this one month?

Ha! Nothing.

There was nothing from that man's side.

I had almost forgotten about that man's existence.

Key word: Almost

The day after the incident, there was a huge media uproar and scandal, but somehow I had managed to avoid all forms of media for a while now. I hadn't even read a newspaper or checked my twitter for a while.

All the paperwork, files and legal work about the delivery of my godson, Alexander Wesley, engaged me.

By this time I was free, all the uproar had died down.
How?