Chapter 8: Aye Aye Fixer

The Fixer.

To be very honest, I do not know how to describe him. No seriously, it all depends on whose point of view you are seeing him through. I mean if you are a horny teenager, well, he is the perfect sugar daddy. If you are an old lady with pink gums trying to eat ice-cream in a park while looking for something eye soothing, he is the perfect eye candy to look upon.

If you are ,well, me, you will find him repulsive.

What? Did you expect me to swoon and fall at his feet because of some unfair goddess who blessed him with good looks. Jeez. Ewww. Never.

The fact that the idiot Aiden has forced me to associate with hell hounds like The Fixer makes me want to claw somebody, preferably that arrogant jerk himself. Just you wait, if I don't give him a taste of his own medicine, Aiden bitch, I will lick my own armpits. 

Just you wait.

The Fixer stared at me with a slight smirk as the blades of the helicopter slowed its whirring.

"Well. Well. Well. Look what the cat dragged in."

"Oh look! It's a rat, all decked up in white pretending to be a cow.", I mocked.

The smirk quickly vanished from his face. His jaw clenched and unclenched as he fought to regain control over his anger at the blatant disrespect I showed him.

'You just have to piss off everyone, don't you?', my conscience rebuked.

It really wasn't my fault. I mean if a person just spews some over-used copied dialogues of a cliche villain at you, you are bound to be snarky as well. 

I grinned at him, satisfaction running through my veins at the thought of getting under his skin.

"That is a nice way to ask for a favor, venomous snake."

Ooomph this much hatred for me? I grinned wider as my eyebrows raised at his snarky side.

"What will happen to you if I don't grant you one?",  he continued.

All thoughts of self doubt, fear and those other treacherous feelings fled my body. This was a low lying scum of the earth I have worked with so many times that this was very familiar to me and it strangely calmed me. All those years of dealing with him had at least taught me how to extract my business from him, how to get a reaction from him and how words mostly failed in convincing him.

"You owe me.", I smirked cruelly.

"I don't think so."

"Okay."

He looked taken aback for a tiniest millisecond. 

"Okay?"

I just waited. I crossed my arms and tapped my feet on the parapet rhythmically. He narrowed his eyes at me, trying to understand what I was playing at. But I just waited at him and stared at him with unblinking eyes.

"..........................."

"WHAT?"

".............................."

I smirked inwardly as he squirmed under my unwavering gaze. A slight blush warmed his cheeks as he tore his gaze from me for a second, totally uncomfortable. To anyone else, he would still be the same stoic stone-cold man. But a person like me who had spent as much time with him as a person could without going into a coma from his totally freaky criminal personality, my eyes were trained to recognise those minute changes. 

He looked at me again , probably hoping I would have stopped whatever the hell I was doing. But, I still gazed at him forthright.

"....................."