UHh?? Is Anybody There?

This is not an update. This is umm....an apology note??  And a "what do you think?" note?

First of all,Guys I am really sorry for keeping you waiting this long.

Secondly, let me make it clear that you don't have to read this. It is entirely upto you. 

But having said that, I'd really like all of you to read this because I know you are all kind of entitled to an explanation .  Atleast I feel like I owe you guys one. And it's a long story. 

Here it goes.

So it has already been three years since I last updated the story. I had just been promoted to grade 11 then and had been working on this story in the summers. Anyways then I was sent to a boarding school to prepare for JEE( for those who don't know its a highly competitive entrance exam to all the premier engineering institutions in my country) .

Next thing I know I am locked up in a place with no electronic gadgets allowed or the Internet. We were only allowed to make a phone call to our parents everyday. Under the nerve wracking burden of meeting the high expectations of my tutors and parents, along with the everyday hassle to participate in the neck-to-neck competition with my fellow classmates (or rivals) , I developed anxiety and bouts of depression became my companion in my lonely struggle. The only silver lining  was the encouragement I got from my parents.They told me that it didn't matter whether I got in or not. But I could not tell my parents about my struggle. I did not want to let them down  or feel ashamed in front of the eyes of the society because of me. But one day, it got too bad and I told my mom. She helped me get through it and told me how wrong I was about everything. She and my dad were my pillars and I cannot be who I am today without them.

And my struggle did pay off. I scored 96% in my exams and I also cracked JEE and got into a premier institution of my country. 

The thing is that I chose not to get treatment . I would have if it was available in my region. But given my options, I chose not to get treatment because by then, I knew I could fight it without getting medication. All because I asked for help. And I know that a lot of you are going through what I went through . I just want to say that I m here if you need to talk about it. Some stranger once showed me a beacon of light in this darkness and I want to pay it forward. So just reach out to me even if all seems hopeless. I am here.

And then a tragedy struck in my family. My dad was diagnosed with a rare medical condition (though it can be kept on leash using medication)and all of our time and resources went towards the treatment of my father. In the spare time that I had , all I could stare at the blank screen as I was experiencing what is popularly known as Writer's Block. So yeah even though I was an amateur, I had it.And then I had jaundice and my sad story continued.

Anyways a cheery news now , my father is better now . My family is better now. I am in a better place now. The past year, I moved to my college a thousand miles away from home. I tried and experienced quite a lot. And now, I think I am in a good place . I think I have made peace with myself. Yeah sure, I still do have anxiety attacks but they are getting more and more fewer in number. 

And who knows, maybe one day I will stop having them totally.

But until then, I think I am good. 

Now to the main question, I would like to continue this story if you people want me to. I know its been long and stuff but do you think I should do it? I got new ideas for new stories too. 

So do you guys want me to write this story further?

Please Please Please let me know in the comments section. Even those people who are silent readers, please let me know. Your silence would mean your disapproval to my story. Please.

Anyways those who chose to read this, thanks for reading my story. 

It means a lot.

~~~Adrija Kundu~~~