Chapter 3 - Softness

PASSING REFERENCE: Check out the Youtube video I added, if you're interested in the French song that will be mentioned here! ;)

Chapter 3 – Softness

Sybille couldn't seem to get rid of that goofy grin ever since she'd been allowed to take a shower. After all it had been the greatest news since her erroneous arrest which Germany unfortunately still wouldn't admit was a mistake. She bit her bottom lip to suppress yet another moan as the hot water drummed on her skin. Normally she wasn't much of wasteful or prodigal person, but she was determined to savor this delightful moment – no matter how much hot water she wasted while doing so. Being in the shower she even managed to push the thought of the prison cell which was mockingly awaiting her away for once. It was like heaven!

***

“Um Himmels willen [1], how long does she intent to stay in the bathroom? It's been half an hour already! Was um alles in der Welt is she doing there [2]?” Germany murmured, clicking his tongue disapprovingly.

“You need to be more patient, tomodachi [3]. After all, she's a woman”, Japan pointed out, taking a sip of tea. The German made a guttural sound – almost as if he was choking.

“And a French one into the bargain”, he commented bitterly.

“C'mon Germany, don't be so harsh. Billie actually is- “, Feliciano started, but he was cut off mid-sentence.

“Don't call her Billie all the time!”

“Why not?” the pasta-loving Italian asked, tilting his head in confusion – apparently he couldn't quite understand why his friend was aggravated so easily only by him using Miss Rousseau's nickname.

“Because one could get the impression that the two of you have become friends already”.

“Well, we have become friends, haven't we?”

Ludwig clenched his teeth as he tried to suppress the anger deriving from his friend's statement – it strangely enough made him feel like Italy had betrayed him. But even the mere thought of that lively and cowardly something betraying him was ridiculous, wasn't it? He sighed, closed his eyes and put down his cup before he stood up.

“Na gut [4], I guess I should go and see if Miss Rousseau is done taking a shower yet”.

Honda and Feliciano exchanged weird glances which he certainly didn't know to interpret. But then again, why should he care about what they thought? He knew that they found his way of treating the Frenchwoman far too harsh. In his opinion one couldn't be too harsh towards the enemy however. He turned around and left the room, heading for the bathroom. When he arrived however, he gasped in surprise – at the very moment he was about to knock on the door he heard Sybille's voice sound through the slit... singing!

Je fais de toi mon essentiel

Tu me fais naître parmi les hommes

Je fais de toi mon essentiel

Celle que j'aimerais plus que personne

Si tu veux qu'on s'apprenne...” [5]

His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. Barely anything had ever touched him as much as this woman singing – her voice was so beautiful, so pure; it even made French sound nice for once... He shook his head, trying to push away those thoughts. It was ridiculous!

“Eh, merde [6]!”

Ludwig frowned – was she cursing? He leaned in to press his ear against the door. Normally, he wasn't eavesdropping, but things just got interesting...