Picnic

The sun shone brightly in the mid-day sky, barley any clouds and a slight, but comfortable breeze blowing through the air. Yato, who was sitting on a fairly large blanket under the shade of a small Sakura tree, smiled when he saw his beautiful date approaching. Hiyori stood at the edge of the blanket, looking down at what Yato was planning. His smile grew as he looked up at her " Hey Hiyori!" He said, waving at her.
    Hiyori waved back and smiled at the childish god in front of her. " Hello Yato, what's all this?" She asked looking at the blanket and basket next to him. " I figured we could have a picnic together," He said smiling " Yukine is with Kofuku and Daikoku working on the homework you gave him a few days ago so its just you and me."
    Hiyori nodded and sat down across from him on the blanket. " What did you pack?" She asked. Yato beamed and opened up the picnic basket " I brought some sandwiches, tea and a few peices of cake." He said smiling. She nodded and took a sandwich from him and began eating.
   The two ate in a comfortable silence. The wind tousled their hair, making Hiyori shiver slightly. Yato had offered her his jumpsuit jacket be she declined saying it "smelled like sweat" Their lunch disappeared quickly, along with the tea, for they were both starving. Yato was quick to pull out the slices of cake and unwrap them from their containers.
He picked up a peice with his fork and held it up to Hiyori. " Here comes the train~" he sang, moving the fork closer. " Yato what are you-" " Choo Choo!" He called, poking her lips with the prongs of the fork. Hiyori rolled her eyes and ate the peice of cake off the fork. Yato continued feeding her the cake until there was no more.
He started eating the other peice himself. " Uh... Yato?" She asked looking up at him. "hmm?" He hummed, the fork hanging out of his mouth. " Well... If you fed me the cake... Shouldn't I feed you too?" She asked, a blush forming on her cheeks.
He looked at her, a blush also forming on his cheeks " Sure." He said smiling.
Hiyori fed Yato the rest of his cake until it was all gone and a few bits of frosting were smudged around his lips. Hiyori wiped it off with a napkin and helped him clean everything up. She threw away their trash and folded up the blanket, after shaking it out.
The couple sat next to eachother on a hill, watching the sun set and turned the sky into beautiful colors. " The sunset is beautiful Yato." Hiyori said. " Just like you." Yato said turning his head towards her. Hiyori snickered and looked at him " That is so cheesy." She said. " Maybe it is, but it's true."
They sat in silence as the colorful sky faded to a dark navy blue. " I had fun today Yato." Hiyori said looking over at him. " I'm glad," he said " So did I." Yato turned his head and pecked Hiyori lightly on the lips. " I love you, Hiyori."
"I love you too, Yato."