{4} Miss Understanding [Jary]

Mary's POV

I am taken aback by her harsh accusation and shift shut my mouth. I never thought of her situation being my fault but now that it was said out loud, it makes perfect sense! I was the one who led Wesley into her life and encouraged her. I didn't know back then that he was this way but that doesn't make it okay.

"Guys! Nando's tonight! On me!" James shouts out of the blue, interrupting my train of thought.

I give him a confused look. I thought we had plans for tonight.

"Can I speak to you?" I ask him and he sighs as we both get up and he follows me.

"Oops...!" I hear Harry let out a hiss from afar.

"What is it?" James asks me when we are far enough to speak alone.

"Didn't you say you had plans for us both tonight?" I ask him with a raised brow.

He smiles at me fondly but I keep my face straight. "And we still do. When I said plans for tonight, I meant after dinner." He hold up his hand to caress my cheek and a smile appears on my lips as I can't help but wonder.

"Hum, what would those plans be?" I ask as I get closer to him, resting my hands on his chest.

His eyes shift from my eyes to my lips and he sighs. "Now that is a surprise." He finishes as he bends and kissed the corner of my lip.

I roll my eyes. "Fine." He laughs at my reaction. "I need to go talk to June." I think out loud.

He furrows his eyebrows and two lines appear between them. "What's wrong?"

"It's hard to explain." I let out another sigh. "It involves Harry. I have some apologising to do."

He smiles with an "I told you so" expression. "I told you she didn't like Harry. Besides, Harry wouldn't be very good for her."

"He just has to learn how to control himself." I tell him as I start walking back to our table and he follow me.

He laughs. "That is going to take a few centuries to happen."

I laugh with him but shake my head.