Chapter 17

“My dark brethren,” Viktor slowly announced in English. “Seize Voldemort.”

In an instant flash, the dementors obeyed. They raked up Voldemort and placed him on the busted tree trunk. The clouds beamed Payne’s grey and a roll of thunder struck through the flaming atmosphere.

        “Brethren… I have asked of Voldemort, this one power. Voldemort has too much pride. And, as I have made clear, too much confidence.” The dementors sniggered. “I vas vanting from him the power to manipulate memory. For memory is vat Herm-my-ninny vas abused of. Memory is vat controlled our minds and briefly destroyed us. Voldemort had indirectly controlled that megaFairy, and refused to give it to me… but now that I defeated him I say bring it here.”

Obediently and wholeheartedly did the dementors seize Voldemort’s red phoenix feather wand. They encircled the sight of Voldemort while the one, with the wand in its hand, cracked open his serpent-like skull, and withdrew a silver, metallic cube, the size of a die. It glittered fervently under the wand and flash of lightening the sounded above, and shone majestically in the otherwise dark and biting cold gray atmosphere. It rose up into the vast, thunderous skies, casting such an aura over the world. The storm of dementors then swirled up with the Horcrux.

The lightening struck it as flustering, agitated grey clouds whirled counterclockwise, the direction of the spinning Earth, in reaction to this empowering cube. Viktor then found himself ascending to the air, towards it, till he was at eye level. The gleaming die before him transfigured into a towering crown. It was a hand tall, boldly crafted from the elements of time and space itself, sophisticated. It had the words, “pro tempora regnum” engraven across it. He glanced down at the dementors, crowded underneath him, exalting him.

     He then understood what was happening. The dementors saw him as higher than Voldemort, so he was able to take from the Dark Lord more than anticipated.

“I am Viktor Krum. From the Dark Lord I sought the Power of Memory. Vith this Horcrux and the exaltation from the dementors, my brethren, I became more than Memory. I became the King of Time.

He glanced at the world before his eyes, inspecting it. This world was his, he now owned an entire dimension of the Universe itself. He could stop the Tempora. He had control over Memory and Time. He could save her now, easily, but not instantly. He was now at the reign of this power. He then descended to the ground, where Voldemort was waking up from the Stun. His red slits for eyes gazed distantly out through Viktor, calmly, weakly. No reaction. As it was his own powers that have been robbed directly from his chamber, he was completely blind and unknowlegable to those powers beyond him. Thus, he could not sense Viktor’s presence. The King of Time was now characterized by a force as unknown and indecipheral to Voldemort as love.

Hermione. He very thought of her, her warm, wide brown eyes, milky white skin, scholarly aura, excellence in every dimension, she shot through Viktor’s conscience just then. The very thought of her cleared up the skies in that instant, sending the sun-sensitive dementors grabbing the weary Voldemort by the arms and proceeding back to the subterranean cave. The minute the rock door was shut; the brilliant rays of sun broke through the soft white clouds and showered the trees and shadows. Viktor put his wand back in his sweater, took his Firebolt—he didn’t need it now—and apparated away from Voldemort’s forest.