Chapter 10

I woke up in a dimly lit, white-walled room with people surrounding me wearing white and green. I had a mask over my mouth that I was breathing into. I tried to reach for it, but I couldn't move my arm. I reached with my other arm, which couldn't move either.

"She's awake!" someone yelled, and a needle got shoved into my arm. I thrashed around but was pinned by someone. The needle injected a fluid into my arm. I was deathly afraid of needles, but right now I was more afraid of what was happening to me.

I began to realize I was at a hospital. I could tell by the materials around me and the robe I was dressed in. All the nurses and doctors left the room. Taylor stayed there with me, holding my hand securely to make sure I made it through.

"Taylor, what happened?" I groggily asked her. I looked up at her blurry features, unable to tell if I was even really looking in her direction.

"Listen, Carter hurt you again but don't be upset. I called the cops and he was arrested because he hurt you. All of his stuff is out of your house, and once you recover from this, you'll be free again!" Taylor said happily. My eyes began to focus a bit more and I came to my senses. Carter was gone, I was single.

I smiled, "What happened to me?"

"You got a serious concussion because he threw you to the ground, but it's okay! You did it!" she cheered. After she said that, I felt the ache in my back and head from where I landed. I cringed, but continued to pay attention to what was around me.

I smiled again, and saw a nurse walking in the hallway. Taylor saw what I was looking at and waved the nurse in. She walked in with a clipboard and pen.

"How can I help you miss?" the nurse smiled at me. She looked me up and down, not noticing much wrong with me anymore.

"How long do I have to stay here?" I asked the nurse. I was hoping she said I would be out within the next twenty-four hours, but that was a long shot.

"Well, your concussion is going to be around for maybe two weeks, but you'll be able to leave the hospital in about three days. The only reason you haven't left yet is because it was a very serious concussion and could cause a lot of damage untreated, so we're keeping you a bit longer." she smiled. I didn't see how that was a topic to smile about, but I nodded and turned to leave after making a note on her clipboard.

The nurse left and I called Taylor over, "After my two weeks, how about we go searching for Harry?"

She laughed, "Sounds like a plan."