Blasius is the son of a Cimbrian priest, who grew up in Rome together with the noble sons of other German princes. He returned to his homeland after completing a military career of five years at the Pannonian legions. Blasius himself had visited Rome two year earlier. Blasius' father became a minister in the administration of the Cimbrian country. Blasius later on became involved at the government also. With a rough half million people Cimbria was a populous German nation. Their neighbours were the Israelite communities of the Jutti and the Dani. The Jutti-Israelites occupied the lands south of Cimbria, which separated them from the rest of Greater Germany. The Dani inhabited the islands at the East of Cimbria, which lie at the west of Scandinavia. Cimbria is connected with the Rhine region by Celtic-German roads that were constructed three centuries before. The Romans also build several private roads for their military in the region. The Legion at Cimbria was stationed at Cimbria after the defeat of Julius Caesar at Britain. The previous chieftain was only a young man, inexperienced, at the time the Roman troops settled in their mids. He agreed to permit the military camp, in exchange for an economic treaty with the Roman state. The treaty implied that much of the Cimbrian grain would be imported by government of Gaul and that many shipping services would be connected with Cimbria for the exchange of Mediterranean and West-Asian products. In the first half of the Augustan Era the treaty brought prosperity to the Cimbrians. In the second half however they were exploited: their grain was sold for a very low price. Their industrial towns were often occupied by postal ships from Gaul and Spain who brought supplies for the Roman camp. Also prosititution was imported to Cimbria for the legionaries' sake. Some of the townships also became indebted to the Legionary economy. The present chieftain, the grandson of the former chieftain, is afraid that soon Cimbria will be annexed by the Romans and his people enslaved. He knew that the new legionaries were young men, for whom this was the first time outside of the Empire. He also knew that there was a big dissatisfaction among the Roman camps in the West of Germany and in Cimbria: Emperor Augustus promised a big bonus for the legionary soldiers. He, however, failed to deliver his promise. And there's doubt whether his successor Tiberius is willingly to comply with the promise of his predecessor. The chieftain's advisors argued that the reason why the Cimbrian camp received new soldiers was to appease the former soldiers so that Tiberius wouldn't have to pay them the extra money. The chieftain didn't want to challenge the Romans, so he chose to remain on peaceful terms. This not only because of the location of Cimbria, isolated from the rest of Greater Germany: which made it hard to receive military aid from other Germanic tribes. Many other Germanic countries became client kingdoms under Rome, operating fully in agreement with the Roman agenda. They received not only military aid, but also intelligence aid: spies and assassins to help them with their governments. The chieftain lived 2 years in Rome and four in Noricum. He didn't join the Roman military nor did he receive any education at the Greek academies. His elder brother died by illness and his father was assassinated by spies on assignment of a German client king, who's is the rival on the Baltic Sea trade.
Blasius was appointed by the chieftain to travel abroad, looking for alternative and more efficient economic relations, in order to minimise their contact with the Romans as much as possible. Blasius left towards the great bay region of the kingdom Nerigos with two ships, including 15 employees and twelve slaves.