Chapter 2

Chapter 2

After the announcement of the secret the game held, I was teleported to what appeared to be Pallet Town in the Kanto region, I assumed that all the trapped players were transported to different regions to begin gameplay. According to a message that appeared upon entering Oak's Labratory, only three players were allowed inside at the same time, whenever the labratory was open again, there would be a massive rush to get inside. After quite some time, I got in.

As I touched a Pokéball sitting on the table, a text box appeared, describing the Pokémon I had chosen, Bulbasaur, two options also appeared, 'yes' and 'no', I selected yes and recieved Bulbasaur.

Immediatly after recieving my starter, a battle between myself and the player who recieved Charmander began, thankfully both Pokémon were only at level five or I would have lost for sure. Below the battle scene, four options appeared in front of my eyes, 'Fight', 'Bag', 'Run' and 'Pokémon', the 'Fight' command was the largest of them all. I pressed fight, then Tackle.

Bulbasaur instantly sprinted towards the Charmander, ramming into its stomach. Charmander retalliated with Scratch and scratched a couple of times at Bulbasaur, it was lucky enough to gain a Critical Hit!

This process repeated a couple of times with Bulbasaur being the victor, against all odds.

Next I was versing the player with the Squirtle, who lead with a Tackle, Bulbasaur attacked using Tackle as well. The battle ending with Squirtle winning, win some lose some, I guess.

After the battles, a message appeared in front of my eyes. 'For battles versing other players in 'Safe Zones', if your Pokémon faint in Safe Zones they will not die! They will be revived and healed after the battle! Gyms do not count as Safe Zones, so take care! For more information, please consult the 'Teachy TV' once you have recieved it in Viridian City!' The message read. Shrugging slightly, I waved the screen away.

Yet another screen appeared, it seemed that the game had automatically registered the two players I had battles as 'friends', no additional messages about these two suprise additions, weird.

"I guess it was a forced adding, from experience with playing Pokémon games, I assume we'll be battling after each badge... Or something like that," The player who recieved Charmander mutters, "Name, rather, username's Hiro, we'll be seeing each other again, I presume." With a slight tilt of his hat, he made his way out of the lab.

I looked around for the Squirtle player, it seemed that he had already begun to explore the game. I made my way out the door and begun to do the same.

As soon as I stepped outside, I was shoved out of the way by other players, painfully hitting the ground and losing a couple of Health Points, it amazed me how I could lose a few HP from falling, bizarre.

I opened the menu and selected 'bag', it was empty, aside from one single item, a Mirror.

I selected the item and it appeared in my hand, looking through the Mirror I saw myself, not my Avatar, but what I looked like in Real Life, something I would never see for a long time in this game.

A beam of light shot out of the Mirror, flashing through my eyes, after the light slowly vanished and my vision returned, the mirror shattered and pixelated away. I glanced down and looked at my hands, my ears picking up whispers of surprise from the trainers who were waiting to go inside and recieve their starter. I wandered over to a window and looked through, my entire appearance had changed, instead of the blue coloured twin-tails of my avatar, my appearance had been replaced by the long, light-brown hair I had in the real world, tied up in a simple pony-tail.

"Um, there should be an item in your bag, a Mirror, I selected that and... This happened." I explained, looking over at the group of people waiting to recieve their starters, laughing awkwardly as I concluded the explanation. A few players checked their bags, but they found no such item, maybe I had it because I had already recieved my starter, that seemed like the most likely explanation.

My theory was proven to be correct when a player, the one who recieved Squirtle, stated, "It appears in your bag when you recieve your starter and battle the other two players in the lab." The whispers of confusion eventually died down, a few other players in the area who had heard the explanations and recieved their starter Pokémon inspected their items, taking out the Mirror. Light shot out of their mirrors, which ultimately changed their physical appearances. The Squirtle player then took out his own mirror, which changed his appearance as well.

"Um, you were the person who got Bulbasaur at the lab, right?" He asks, walking over to me, "I was wondering if I could travel with you, y'know, until the first badge... I'm afraid of going out alone, what if my Squirtle fainted, I mean-"

I raised my hand, stopping the male from speaking any further, "Sure, I feel the same way, I think working in teams is a pretty good idea." I replied, smiling slightly.

"A-Ah! Thanks!" He exclaims, "Oh! I'm Kurosuke, nice to meet you!" He held out his hand, grinning happily.

"Amika, nice to meet you too." I reply, shaking his hand.

In a death game such as this, you're going to need all the help you can get, both from players and Pokémon. Having someone to rely on was certainly reassuring, it gave me confidence to know that one day, I will escape this death trap.

-----

Authors Note: Okay! I wanna thank you guys for the nice comments, originally I was a little sceptical about posting this fanfic here, but I'm personally not a huge fan of Fanfiction (the site.), it made my laptop crash one day when I went to check my profile page, that's another story.

Putting that aside, I'll try my hardest to actually upload a little more frequently, but at the moment I'm finishing off my exams, I have one exam later and an assesment tomorrow, then one last exam two weeks later.

Also, I've been working on a few other things, namely a story of my own creation... Which is quite hard since I've come up with my own video game for it.

It's nice to know that if the story doesn't get published I can probably make a game out of it, despite my limited knowledge of making games themselves.

Anyway, the SAO dub came out a week or so ago? What do you guys think of it? I don't know what to think, I kinda like/dislike it, it'll take me a while to get used to Kirito's dub voice, but Klein is absolutely perf. :3