Chapter 7

Before my punch could connect with his face, someone had pulled me backwards, despite me thrashing about to try to lunge at the blond.

"Just calm down, will you?!" They shouted, trying to stop me from thrashing about. After a while, they just gave up, yet by that time, I had given up trying to fight my way out of their grasp. So I simply stood there, glaring in anger.

"Explain, now." I growled, my voice laced with pure anger. There was a slight silence after I spoke, yet as the silence grew, my anger seemed to rise as well. It wasn't like ai could do anything about it, I was furious.

"Well... You know how I joined that guild before? How a friend invited me? I lied. It was honestly just the first guild I heard of, I wasn't invited. However, this particular guild wasn't very... Pleasant. They would use fear to force people to hand over their money and items, even taking advantage of unconscious players and, well, you know what happened, I told you..." Kurosuke explained, letting out a sigh before continuing.
"The second I discovered this, I wanted to leave, yet the leader refused to let me leave unless I either challenged him, handed over my own money and items, or find a way to defeat you, by cheating. So I told him, about your fear. I also challenged him, but I'd rather not talk about that." I didn't particularly react after hearing what he had said, I was expecting to hear something else.

"No. I wanted to know how you knew of it." I explained, sighing in frustration, and quite loudly too.

"Because... I know you, outside of this game. You told me of your fear a while back. You're probably wondering who I am now, I'd tell you... But I think I'll let you figure it out on your own." Kurosuke explained. Placing a hand to my head, I begun to rub the side of my head, this was greatly confusing me.

"So let me get this straight, you stupidly joined a guild that harassed other players. Wanting to leave, the leader gave your a few choices, one of them being to make me lose. Desperate to leave, you pointed out my fear, knowing very well what it was, as a way to cheat. Is that about right? As for the leader, who is it?" I asked. My gut seemed to tell me that the culprit was Giovanni, it was the only likely explanation behind who this leader was, after all, he did use my own fear against me in the battle. Yet just as I went to turn to face him, I noticed something quite odd, he had vanished!

"Wha- when did that happen?! Where did he go?" Kurosuke asked. Before he could continue to speak, he jumped a little, opening the menu, it was likely that he had recieved a notification. Seconds later, a message appeared in my vision, one saying that I had recieved the Earth Badge. Pressing accept and waving the message away, I glanced around the room again, noticing that the gym leader had vanished completely, leaving me with no choice but to leave. With one last glare at the blond, I exited the gym. While I still wanted to punch him, I resisted the urge to do so, I didn't want to get marked for harming another player.

As I stepped outside, the ground below me begun to shake drastically, as if there were an earthquake, it was rather hard to keep my balance during the earthquake. Once the shaking stopped, the doors to the gym opened, Kurosuke quickly running out to investigate.

"Are you alright? What happened with that earthquake?" He asked. I glared at him a little, looking away from him afterwards, I didn't want to talk to him, I was still mad. Looking up at the sky, I saw something rather strange. Within the sky was a single tower, which, although not looking very big from where I was standing, seemed to be quite large, with many levels as well. Just what was it?

Authors note: Sheesh, that took longer than expected, although I was done with the chapter for the longest time. Speaking of which, halfway through the next chapter, it will be a bit longer than this one.
Also, I plan on creating a story just to show character bios and such for the character's I've featured in this story- excluding gym leaders and the like, mainly main characters. If you guys would like to see that, let me know. ^^
Also, Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment is discounted today, for Playstation's 12 Days of Christmas thing. It MIGHT just be for the Australian PS Store, but I don't know. It's on the PS Vita as well. Okay I'm done.