Chapter 4

"Han, will you..."

I stare at him in silence because I have no idea what I am going to do.

---------

I sit on the couch, waiting for Jordan to come home. How am I going to tell him? I think to myself. I jump at the thought of him screaming after I tell him I'm moving out, after I tell him it's over. I told him earlier that I needed to talk to him, finally after a bunch of arguing, he said he would come home early. I hear the door open and footsteps into the living room.

"Hey, what do you need to talk about? The wedding?" He says as he types something on his phone, an email probably.

"Actually, yes. Jordan, I love you. A lot. But.." My voice trails off as I think of a way to tell him that I want to be with Caleb.

"But what?!" His voice is getting louder and I know what is about to happen.

"But I can't do this anymore! We never get along, and yes, I love you but our relationship isn't healthy! We never get along anymore!" I say, yelling now too.

"Wow, Hanna. So you're not going to fight for us, try to work it out?! Get out. Get your shit and get out now!"

"Gladly." I say grabbing my stuff. I can feel the tears building up in my eyes. But I don't want to cry in front of him. I don't want him to know that this hurts me. I don't want him getting the satisfaction of hurting me, just like every single other time we fight, which is usually everyday.

...

I knock on the door and Caleb answers almost immediately. My hair was a mess and my makeup was smeared everywhere from crying.

"Hey beautiful, are you okay?" he says as I walk in the door.

"Not really, C. Not really. I love you, with all my heart. But I love Jordan too and it's going to take some time to get over him, I mean, I was going to marry him." The word marry reminds me of what happened earlier. "...and yes. I want to marry you. Of course I do," I say kissing him. "I just need a little bit of time."

"I understand that, Han." I smile at him. "I love you."

"I love you too. Always."

...
That night I lay in bed and think about what was happening. Caleb is being the big spoon, like old times. I smile thinking about it being called the big spoon. It's cold in here so I scoot closer to Caleb hoping his body warmth with warm me up.

"You okay, Han?" Caleb says.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just cold is all," I say back.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him, already warming me up.

"Thanks," I say smiling.

"For what? I was cold too," he says back laughing.

"You're such a dork," I said laughing now, too. I turn around to face him, still very close. He kisses my forehead and closes his eyes. I smile and close mine, too.

I love you, C.

----------

Hey guys!
Oh ma goshhhh!! They're goals😂😊. I hope you liked it! I'll try and write more soon!!
-K