Chapter 2

"What are you guys doing?"

I heard the door close and I knew that voice.
Spencer.

***

Caleb and I instantly jump to separate ends of the couch, already missing his warmth.

"Spencer, I can-" I start.

"No, Hanna, you can't. You tell me that you're okay with mine and Caleb's relationship, and then you go and kiss him? Hanna, you're engaged."

Spencer was right. I am engaged, just not to the right guy.

Caleb decides to break the silence, his voice shaking.

"I'm sorry, Spence. So sorry. I love you, I do.." His voice slowly fades off until the room is completely silent.

He doesn't feel the same way. This was a mistake and I just lost my best friend.

"I'm just in love with Hanna, I never really fell out of it. I probably never will."

Spencer's jaw quivers, and I can feel the tears pour down my cheeks.

He chose me. Caleb chose me.

I begin to feel the need to apologize as well.

"I'm so sorry Spencer. I wanted you to be happy, and I still do. I said that I didn't mind because I forced myself into believing that I didn't, but after the things that Jordan said last night, I was pushed over the edge. I couldn't ignore my feelings anymore and I had to do something about it. I'm so sorry."

The tears come full on now, my guilt getting worse and worse.

"I should've known that you weren't over him. I guess that the fact you said that you were okay with us blinded me to the thought that you really weren't." Spencer says, her voice breaking after every sentence.

Spencer's phone blares the lyrics "go shorty, it's your birthday", and Spencer and I both stifle a laugh, knowing that it was Aria's ringtone for all of our phones. She threw a fit when she found out, claiming that the song was not about a short person, but we all kept it the same throughout the years.

"I need to go, Aria needs help with something.." Spencer claims, turning around so we don't see the tears both Caleb and I know are about to fall, then walks out the door.

This is all my fault.

- - - - - -

Hey guys,

So this is it so far! Hope you like our story, we'll try to update as often as possible!

-B