Chapter 1

I begin to open my eyes as I look around my bedroom my alarm clock ringing in the background. I let out a loud sigh hitting the alarm clock off, "that was a weird dream, but still just a dream." I said as I got out of bed walking towards the bathroom. I open my bathroom door walking over to the sink to look in the mirror. I am five foot and ten inches tall I have long black hair that waves over to the left side of my face, dark green eyes and I like to think I am decently attractive. "Joshua Oakley hurry up and get ready for school before you're late!" My mother said in a slightly irritated tone. "Alright mom I'll be ready to leave in a few minutes." I said slightly laughing to myself as I put my black t-shirt on and a pair of black jeans on.

I run out of my bedroom to the front door of my house grabbing my backpack and my black hoodie with a light grey fake fur on the inside. I put the hoodie and backpack on as I ran outside into the light rain. "Its raining, that's just fantastic." i said in a sarcastic tone as I ran to get to go catch the school bus in front of my house. I sigh as I barely make it onto the bus and sit down in one of the front seats by myself. I take out my cellphone and put my headphones in listening to some alternative rock music as I look out of the bus window at the dark grey sky. After roughly five minutes of driving the bus comes to a stop in front of my high school. I let out a sigh getting out of the seat and getting off the bus with only 12 other students. "Hey Joshua hows it going buddy?" Said a big muscly guy roughly about six feet two inches tall, with brown hair, blue eyes, a red t-shirt and jogging pants. I sigh in irritation as I look at him. "Hello Jason, I'm fine." I said as I look at him and his two slightly shorter friends walking towards me.

"I'm not looking for a fight Jason so back off." I said with irritation as he looked at me with a stupid grin on his face. "Well that's too bad Joshua because you've got a fight." He said with the same stupid grin on his face, pushing me. I looked at him trying to hold back my overflowing rage. Jason still looking at me with the stupid grin on his face pushes me once more antagonizing me. "I don't want to fight you so just back off." I said with an angry tone. "Don't raise your voice at me kid." Jason said as he pushed me once again. I tighten my hand into a fist my nails digging into my palm as I hold myself back. "Hey both of you get inside the school!" A teacher said as he looked over at us. "Yes sir." I said as we all went inside the school.

As I walked into school I looked around the inside of the school letting myself take in my surroundings as i feel my wet hoodie. In the distance I see my best friend Daniel he has slightly curly short brown hair, green eyes, he's six foot four and he's wearing a blue hoodie with jeans. "Hey Josh." He said to me with a smile as I walked over to him "Hey Dan how's it going?" I asked smiling almost forgetting about the fight I almost just had with Jason. "I am fine how about you?" Dan asked "I'm alright I guess." I replied. "Well I have to go to class Dan I will talk to you later." I said as I turned around walking towards a staircase to go to the second floor of the school where my home room class is. As i walked into the staircase and began going up the stairs I remembered the dream i had in the morning so many thoughts crossing my mind as i thought of the dream. I paused foe a few seconds on my way up the stairs thinking about that beautiful girl I saw in my dream, wondering what it could all mean. My train of thought was broken when I realized at the top of the staircase was Jason and his two buddies looking down at me like I'm some sort of lowly insect to them.