13

As I approached her, I noticed a monitor. She wasn't dead. Even though I knew this I still felt like she was more dead than alive. Like she was stuck between the two.
Rob came in after me.

"Should we try to wake her?" I asked.

"Why not." He smiled his heart stopping lop-sided smile.

"Iris?" My eyes targeted hers. Lids closed. Would I ever see those frozen-ocean blue eyes of hers again?

Quick came my answer.

Those pale lids of hers fluttered to life. It was like watching a butterfly just start to dry its wings after coming out of its cocoon.

"Good morning sleepy head." I said with a smile of relief.

"Where the hell am I ?"

"Long story, little time. Let's go!" Rob commanded.

"Who is he?" She raised an eyebrow as I dragged her down the corridors.

"The guy you should be thanking."

"Sassy guy." Her humor was back. This helped me release the tension and frustration that was building up and eating me away inside.

~

Iris was still weak so Rob carried her as I lead us back the way we came. Everything was going smoothly. Almost too smoothly.But things being easy for us, we'll I can't really complain.

I jinxed us, for as we turned down  the last hallway, standing there was the man in the navy blue suit.

_____________
I have school so I will finish this chapter later💗