Chapter 7

Note: This will kind of be chapter 6 but in Rivers P.O.V

River’s P.O.V

I was just sitting by the lake just kind of thinking about my life. I was trying to read my book but that was not going to happen My mom died when I was 10. After my mom died my dad became an alcoholic. Once he started drinking the abuse started. I know I should call the cops but I am to scared of what he could do to me. Then I heard a noise coming from the woods by the place I was sitting.

“Who’s there” I said with fake bravery.

Then a really pretty girl walked out of the woods and stood about 6 or 7 feet away from me. She was staring at me.

“Who are you” I asked.

“I am Viperess” The girl responded.

“I am River” I responded quietly.

I slowly stood up and stared at the girl. Viperess. As I was staring at her she was staring right back. We stared at each other for a while. She looks like someone I would like to be friends with. I don’t think she would judge me on what clothes I wore or my hair or my looks.

“Well this is awkward” Viperess said.

We both started laughing at what she said. The out of no where she said

“This is the second time I have said that today. But the first time was the door’s fault.” 

I started to laugh even harder at what she said. She looked at me weirdly but then she thought about it.  Realization dawned on her face when she realized she had said that out loud.

“I said that out loud didn’t I” She questioned.

“Yup” I said while still laughing.

I was having a lot of fun with Viperess. Now I know how a lot of you people think but it was not that type of fun. I just happened to look at the sky and saw where the sun was. Oh no if I don’t get home soon I will get beat even harder. I am sooooo scared that he is going to beat me. If you haven’t guessed my dad beats me.

“I-I h-have t-to g-go” I stuttered.

I then ran off in to the woods to take a short cut to get home quicker. The only sound I could hear was the sound of my heart pounding in my chest. Once I made is to my medium sized house I ran inside. As soon as the door closed a hand struck my cheek. I looked up to see my father. My father glared at me before punching me strait on the cheek. I fell to the floor and did not even try to get up. I knew that if I tried to get up I would only get hurt worse. The next thing I knew my dad had a belt. He was about to hit me with it when the door burst open. Viperess was standing there. My dad started toward her but she held her ground. Viperess looked at me and shouted

“Call the police!”

I ran to the phone and called the police. My dad started towards me but thought twice and went after Viperess. Once the police picked up I told them the whole story how my father was abusing me.  Then there were police sirens. The police ran in and saw the man laying on the ground.

“Is this the man that was abusing you?” one of the police officers asked.

“He abused me” I said on the verge of tears.

“Well son do you know where your mom is?” the same officer asked.

“She’s dead” I said staring to cry. I know it’s not manly but I don’t care.

“That means you will have to go to the orphanage” The officer explained with sympathy.

“NO” Viperess screamed loudly.

I stared at her along with the police and my father. 

“I mean he can stay with me and my family” Viperess explained embarrassed.

“Ok he can stay with you” The officer decided.

        Then the officer left and I walked over to Viperess. I knew I had to thank her for letting me stay with her but will her family like me of hate me.

“Thank you for letting me stay” I said to her.  “Do you think your family will let me stay?”

“Yes but even if they don’t you are staying no matter what” Viperess said nonchalantly.

Viperess started walking in the direction of her house. I started to follow her. We were walking through the woods when we tripped. Like both of us tripped. It was pretty funny. We both got up laughing. We continued on out important journey. Well it is not that important. We were both still laughing as we walked all the way to her house and I guess now mine. 

We got to her house and waited. I guess she knew people were going to come out and check on her. I mean she was gone the whole day.

“Why are you back so late and who is this?” one boy asked.

“I am back late because I was helping him and he is River” Viperess said.

“Why is he here?” another boy asked.

“He is now an orphan and he is my best friend so I offered for him to stay with us and he was worrying that you guys would not let him stay and I said he could stay here so yeah” Viperess explained.

The boys looked over at me and smiled. That was when I knew I was going to stay with Viperess and her family. I looked at Viperess and she smiled at me. I smiled back at her. I was thinking about how I kind of thought of Viperess as a sister already. I mean I know I just met her but I can’t help it.

“River do you have any siblings or what?” Viperess asked.

“No I do not have any siblings.” I answered.

“Well that’s a relief” Viperess said relieved.

        We all started to laugh when we all stopped and Viperess said,

“ Wait what just happened”