Chapter 2 The 'big' day

As Monday morning approached I could feel myself bouncing, I couldn't tell if it was in my dream or something going on in my bed. I opened my eyes and saw joy standing there with a leg either side of my body, bouncing up and down trying to wake me up. As she saw my eyes start to open and close back again she picked up one of pillows and threw it at my face. I slowly pulled the pillow off my face and chucked it beside me, I pulled my self up until I was sat up. Joy then landed on her knees and sat there in front of me. I rubbed my eyes and yawned at the same time, I looked at the clock and saw that it was 8:30 am. I then looked back at joy with a confused look, why had she got me up this early, the concert wasn't for at least another 11 hours.

I stepped out of bed and opened up the curtains, the bright, warm light of the sun shone on my face; making me squint as I looked outside. I turned around, put my hands on my hips and looked at Joy. She looked at me with concern,

"Who wants some breakfast?"

She looked at me and nodded as if to say that she wanted some. We both went to the kitchen to see what my mum had in the cupboards and fridge for us. I grabbed out some bacon, mushrooms and eggs. I placed the ingredients in front of me and thought for a moment of what I could make, I needed to make something which didn't result in masses of washing up. Then it hit me, how about an omelet I said to her, she smiled and turned on the radio.

As I was cooking breakfast, the song 'Blurred lines' came on the radio. I grabbed the t-towel and swung it over my head a couple of times and flicked it over my shoulder. I cracked the eggs and whisked them up, I placed all the ingredients in a frying pan and then whacked it into the oven until it was golden brown and had risen. Once it was ready I placed one half on my plate and the other half on Joy's plate, she had made some buttered toast and placed one slice on each of our plates. I know they say self praise is no recommendation but this breakfast was fucking delicious, it was one of the best omelettes I have ever made; even Joy agreed with me.

After breakfast, I dumped my plate in the sink and ran upstairs. My hair was all spiked up, I looked like a rooster. I plugged the straighteners and curling wand into the mains and switched them on. I thought I'd go for the longer side of my hair curly and have the back and shorter side straight. Once the curling wand was hot, I placed the heat protected glove on one hand, Joy walked past and chuckled as she saw that I looked like Michael Jackson. So I stood up, went on my tip toes, grabbed my crotch and let out "he he, shamole motherfucker". Joy collapsed to the floor with laughter and I fell onto the bed with laughter.

I picked up the curling wand and started to curl the longer half of my hair, I had loose goldilocks curls which did look really nice. I shouted out to Joy if she wanted to use the straighteners but she was only going to put her hair up in a pony-tail. I sprayed so much hair spray on the curled side that I couldn't see my reflection in the mirror. I could feel my lungs filling up with hairspray, the scent was so intoxicating that I had to open every window I could find. I sat back down in front of the mirror again and moved onto the straightening side of my hair, once I had finished I had to spray another load of hairspray on hair so that it all stayed in position for later on.

Hair was done, I could at least tick that off my 'to-do' list. My next job would be to do a test run of how my make-up had to look for later on. I had in mind to have black, thick eye-liner, smokey eye make-up, and red, bold lipstick. I did a practice run and it looked fantastic, but the likely chance of me getting it this perfect tonight is a 1 in 10 chance. I took some baby wipes out of my make-up bag and rubbed off all the make-up. I peered over at the clock to see what time it was, it read 11:45. I opened up the wardrobe and flicked through my clothes deciding what I could wear today, as I was trying to decide I grabbed out the hot pants that I was going to be wearing later; I also grabbed the vest top and hung them on the top of the door. In the end I just put on a pair of dark, skinny jeans and a white vest top. As I came out of the room, I came to the bathroom door, Joy came out. She was wearing similar clothes to me, we both looked down and looked back up at each other and smiled. I brushed my teeth and checked my hair in the mirror before heading on out to school. Today was the day of our last exam at school; the exam happened to be Science. I just wanted to get it out the way, and I was hoping that the day would fly by.

On the way to school Joy and I were singing 'Set the world on fire' as loud as we could. People in our year were turning around and staring at us, but we couldn't give a fuck what other people thought. It was 12:12, the exam started at 1 o'clock; so we had to hurry ourselves along otherwise we wouldn't make it. We both sprinted as fast as we could down the alley, I almost tripped over a few times but I made it to the gate without a scratch on me.

As I stepped into the gate, everyone stopped and looked at me. By the expressions on their faces I couldn't tell if they were shocked, amused, sympathetic or happy to see me. I walked up to the bike shed and who happened to be standing there with all his mates? It was my ex, his head lifted up slowly and looked at me and all his mates turned around and looked at me.

"Well, well, well look who it is, your looking pretty dolled up who you trying to impress?"

"Awrhh Ryan, well it certainly ain't you, in fact is none of you in this very building. It's someone who i'm meeting tonight, not that it's none of your business anyway. So do me a favour, seeing as you don't seem to want to talk to me anymore, take your little ass self and turn the fuck back round before I ruin your life!"

He looked at me, walked over, clenched his fists and swung at my face. I collapsed to floor holding my cheek and nose, James and Ellis held him back before he could kick or punch me again. I stood up, wiped the blood coming from my nose with my hand, smirked and kneed him straight in the balls. The boys let go of him as he fell to the floor with his hands between his legs.

"What the actual fuck Hollie?"

"Oh come on seriously Bobby, he fucking deserved that!"

"That doesn't count, he was being restrained so that doesn't give you the right to retaliate!"

"You are actually pathetic you know that"

"Don't you ever hit my mate again!"

I crossed my arms and stared into his eyes;

"Or else what, what are you going to do about it?"

He raised one eyebrow and looked at me; I stood back at him and chewed my tongue. No one said a word, it all came down to this. I could hear footsteps that were coming closer and closer to me, it was Joy. She tugged on my arm and pulled me away from the crowd, saving me from what was going to happen. I turned back round as we started to walk up to the exam hall, Bobby never said a word but he pointed at me and wiped the finger across his neck; implying that I was going to die.

I got up to the exam hall, Joy handed me a tissue as my nose would not stop bleeding. I took out my phone from my pocket and looked at my nose in the reflection, it couldn't of been broken because my nose was perfectly straight. So why was it bleeding constantly? I held the tissue over my nose and lifted my head back, this was to stop the blood from flowing out. It was time to go into the exam hall, I pulled the bloody tissue from my nose and stuffed it into my pocket. I linked arms with Joy and we walked into the exam hall together. I dumped my bag at the back of the hall and looked for my seat, I sat down and got out my pen, ruler, calculator and pencil. I looked up at the clock and waited for the moderator to say we could start. The clock struck 1 o'clock, I picked up my pen and started my test.