Chapter 3

"So how's the mystery illness?" I asked, sipping my cup of coffee. "still a mystery. She started having a fever yesterday afternoon, she's got a light incline of white blood cells, that's everything." She told me with as sigh.

"Have you done an LP?" I asked. "No, but Miranda would be performing one if she grew worse, for now she's stable on the cocktail were giving her." She explained.

"You'll figure it out." I assured her. "So are we going to accept the dinner offer?" Jen asked. "I still have to reply, I was going to last night, but it got so hectic and I didn't know if you would want to go." I told her.

"Reply we'll go with them, dinner with my idols, not declining that." She chuckled as if I had grown two heads.

"alright." I said when Jae came back with our breakfast. While I replied to Glen's text we'd agree to dinner, Jennifer explained the same to Jae, he'd been the one doing the tests in the lab after all.

"So will you help me set up that nursery for miss here?" I asked Jay. "Sure, when are you planning on doing it?" he asked. "Well we have the week between Christmas and New years' eve off." I suggested.

"Sure, I'll be there. I'm sure, Jess and Natalie will help as well." Jay assured us. "I'm sure they will." I agreed, Jennifer had, a tough time when Michael left her. He threw her out of his house and just like that it was over, she moved in with me that night and now all four of us where helping her prepare for the birth and motherhood.

"Thanks guys, I don't know what I'd do without you guys." Jen said, tearing up. "You'll be fine, we're always here, that's what friends are for." I squeezed her hand. "that and the occasional teasing." I chuckled, thinking of my pun yesterday.

"You're more like family, then friends." She told us. "Good." Jay and I smiled. We finished our breakfast and headed home. "let's get you some rest." I said to jen opening the door to my place. A three-bedroom place with a small garden in the middle of Chelsea, close to the hospital.

We hadn't done badly for ourselves after secondary and the extra and very unexpected last year surprise. Who knew that a drunken stupid move could lead to us getting more then we knew what to do with. But hey, it gave us the opportunity to study what we had wanted, live a good life. And it gave us our careers.

None of us really needed to work, but we wanted to do what we had always felt was right, which was helping people, so after secondary school and graduating in science of Health and Welfare we moved to the big city London, attended school and got our degrees.

Most of our family still lived in our home country Belgium, I didn't really like going back there. But still, the five of us were each others family here. Jennifer didn't have to move in with me, we have enough each of our own, but what should I have done, let her buy her own place to deal with it all, when she showed up that night crying her eyes out, I offered her to move in, she assured me she would find a place of her own. But I assured her she didn't need to, I liked having her close by and from the four of them I was closest to Jennifer.

I could help her out that way once the baby arrived. "You want anything?" I asked her, pulling open the fridge. "No, I'm good. I'm just going to bed and sleep." She said, yawning.

"When do we have to be there?" she asked. "6.30" I told her. "good, it's at mark's place right?" she asked. "Yea, apparently him and his wife will be expecting us." I told her, drinking a green juice. "Sleep well." I told her as she started going up the stairs, a couple of minutes later I followed her upstairs, took a quick shower and went to bed.

***

"Are you almost ready?" I yelled up the stairs, tapping my foot for probably the 5th time in ten minutes, I swear she gets slower each day. "Yea, I'm coming." She said, arranging her sweater.