Chapter 7

New years eve passed and the next morning we were back at work. Jen deciding not to go on Maternity leave yet, although she could.

Danny and I had a great first date, a second one already planned this weekend. But that didn't take away that we didn't keep on texting. He and Glen had gone to Ireland for a couple of days, visiting their family.

Apparently Glen and Jennifer had a great talk the same night. Things had been cleared out and both now knew they had feelings for each other, but Jennifer was still holding back out of fear it was just her hormones playing a trick or that Glen wouldn't accept the baby, although he told her otherwise.

***

"Hey, didn't know you were back?" I said, looking up surprised to see Danny standing in front of me, Glen by his side. It was only Thursday noon. "Yea, we wanted to surprise you guys." Glen smiled.

"do you have time for a break?" Danny asked. "I'm sure I could take my lunch break." I told them as I walked over to Jake and told him I was taking my lunch break. Being on a brake didn't mean that you had to be able to drop everything and run back, when they needed you.

"I'll page Jen." I told them, calling her pager, 5 minutes later she entered the A&E. "Hey guys." She smiled. "where do you guys want to go and eat?" Danny asked. "the cafeteria." I suggested, pulling on my doctor's coat.

"Sure." The guys agreed. "You feeling better yet?" I asked her as we walked to the cafeteria. "A little." She admitted, with a pissed glare directed at me.

"You're not feeling alright?" Glen asked, walking next to her, which earned me another glare, I just turned my head to the other side. "I'll be fine." She repeated the same sentence I had heard this morning.

"you feeling alright?" I heard Glen whisper again. "it's just getting a bit tougher." I heard her admit. "Can't you go on maternity leave yet?" he asked. "Yea, but I don't want to sit alone at home. all my friends will be working and I'll be alone. I rather spend my time here and work." She said.

"So how are you?" Danny asked me. "I'm good, busy but good." I smiled. "You, how was your family?" I asked. "Great, were happy to see me." He smiled.

We entered the cafeteria and walked to the buffet, filling our plates, we sat down at the table. "So you still up for our date tomorrow night?" Danny whispered. "I am." I smiled at him, really looking forward to it. I enjoyed being with him.

"good." He smiled. Jess joined us from her Psychiatry ward. Catching up for a bit, but I hadn't set down for even 10 minutes, when my pager went off. "Really." I muttered, looking down at my right side, where the pager was hanging on my scrub pants.

"bloody great, can this day get any worse." I muttered under my breath as I looked back up. "what is it?" Jen asked me as I got up. "Do you know who's on call with OB?"I asked her, she was closer to those guys anyway, whenever there was a C-section a paediatrician had to be present.

But hey maybe the A&E was in contact with most of them. "Johnson, I think." She suggested. "Even better." I muttered,1) the guy hated my guts, and 2) like I would let a male doctor anywhere near my next patient, there was a reason the called the female doctor of the shift down. Will and Jake both being men.

"Is it?" she asked. "Yea." I confirmed. Kissing glen and Danny on the cheek, with a promise I would sent them a text soon, I went downstairs.

Danny POV.

Adeline had just left to go and see a patient, but the look that she and Jennifer had shared was one who raised question. "She's in a mood today." Jess stated, looking at Jennifer.