Chapter 5

Lilia was discharged four days later, but on one condition that I or Jennifer would follow up on her.

"who can that be?" I asked, as Jennifer and I were eating breakfast. I knew that we were starting the nursery today, but Jay, Jessica or Nathalie had a key and wouldn't knock. "I don't know." Jennifer shrugged, as I got up. "and I beg of you, put the music, lower I think half the neighbourhood can start working on the rhythm of that song." I said, walking out of the kitchen, still my shorts and t-shirt.

I knew that the both of us loved all kinds of music, maybe I, even more, they always teased me with the fact that I couldn't fit the description of Aries better, than anyone else. Movie music probably belonged in the top 5 of my favourite kinds of music.

But having heard the William tell overture for probably a hundred times just in the last couple of days was too much, I think my love for it, had turned into hate.

With a sigh I pulled the door open, my eyes bulging in surprise. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked. "well, you told me today was the day that you would start with the nursery and we wanted to help, to thank you." Mark said, smiling. "Come in, if you don't mind the noise." I yelled out the last part, turning my head to the dining room.

They had brought along the entire bunch. Danny, Mark, Glen, Glen's son, who came over from Dublin apparently, Rina and the kids.

"This is a nice place." Glen commented as I walked to the dining room. "thanks."

"Jen, I swear to god, lower the volume or I'm throwing the entire thing out of the window." I threatened. Grumbling and mumbling she got up and walked to the living room. "Finally." I muttered under my breath. "You don't like the song?" Danny asked.

"oh no. I do. Don't get me wrong. I like all kinds of music, movie scores and classical belong in my top 5 but, I've heard that song probably a hundred times in the last two days. I can't hear it anymore." I exaggerated, making all of them laugh.

Instead of annoying me with the music, she put the DVD of Tom and Jerry in. "you really want me to make my things, don't you?" I asked her with a smirk. "I'm bored." She said "And I'm on the receiving end." I muttered under my breath, making Danny next to me chuckle.

"You guys want anything to drink. Tea, coffee, juice?" I asked. After their reply I handed them their drinks. Take what you want for breakfast." I said, gesturing to the table as I saw the kids and Jen chuckling to the antics of Tom and Jerry and I couldn't help but chuckle along. That one had always been my favourite series as a child and I had the entire DVD collection.

"shouldn't you lay out the protective plastic on the ground?" Jennifer smirked at me, knowing she was riling me up, and she knew just how to do. "Yes, Ma'am." I saluted, dragging my feet up the stairs and changing into an old shirt and jeans.

"and by the way I can't yet. cause Jay is bringing that." I told her coming back down. "Oh yea." She smiled, as if she'd been caught in the cookie jar. "How are you feeling?" I asked, Lila, placing my hand on her head. "I'm better." She smiled, after all she had only been out of hospital for three days.

"good." I smiled down at her. "Who's Jay?" Glen asked. "One of our friends. All five of us have known each other since were 13 so we have a tight bond. They live two streets away actually." I told them, they all lived in the same apartment building, but not in the same house.

"talk about the devil." I muttered when I heard the door being opened and a arguing Jay and Jessica entered the place. Natalie trailing behind them with an exaggerated look. Those two could never get along for five minutes.

Nathalie was the first to notice we had company, whilst the other two continued their bickering, about god knows what those two were bickering over now.