Safe?

One week later
I wake up to the light seeping through the cracks of the borders up windows. As I'm heading down stairs I just stop and cry. I lower myself on the stairs.
"Are you okay?" Carl ask with a hint of concern in his voice.
"How? How can someone live like this? Knowing that every thing is gone! My best friend is gone, my parents are gone, everything that I love is gone! How can someone live in this world knowing that in a split second you can die? Knowing that you will never see the faces of the people who you loved. Knowing that the world is gone, that it's never going to be the same! How?" I ask. Carl pulls me into a hug.
"Taylor, I know we haven't known each other long but, over the past weeks we've became friends, best friends. I know that the world is never going to be the same, and that your never going to see the people that you loved but, today is a gift so live it..live it a day at a time." I nod.
**************
It was now time to go on a run. We needed more weapons, food, and medicine.
"Carl?"
"Yeah"
"Please be safe your all I have left."
"Same for you." He replies as we go to look for supplies. As I walk next to Carl I notice he has very beautiful eyes, he's is quite attractive.
"Do I have something on my face?" He questions and his face turns a light shade of pick.
"No it's just......you are....um.. I just was thinking of how you saved me that's it" I say to Carl.
I lied.
As we are walking we find a store. Carl does his usual perimeter check then tells me it's safe. When we get inside will fill our bags with anything we nights need. We got canned food all the way to medicine and hair ties.
"Carl you ready?"
"Carl..where are you?!" I then realize I'm all alone one again. I started to have a panic attack at the thought of living life alone.
"Taylor? What's wrong" Carl asked
"DUDE!! I thought you left me!!" I yell as Carl looks confused.
"I'm not leaving you. Now, let's get out of here I think I heard some walkers in the back." I just nod and follow Carl. We Reach the house and Carl and me hop out and go inside.
We were going through everything we got today and that's when Carl spoke up. "What made you think that I left you?" He asks
"I called your name and you didn't answer. Everyone has left or died. I started to have a panic attack thinking of being alone....going through this alone." Carl grabbed my hand and said,
"I would never leave you."
*************************************
That was the third chapter of this story I hope you like it so far! Tell me what you think!
Vote/comment/share/follow me