Chapter One

*Authors note*

Hi guys! please be patient with me while I try to do a few Chapters and after i upload then i will go back and Edit. Ok! Thanks for reading this story!

don't you forget to comment, vote and fan! :*

-------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong century, I'd much rather have lived my life in the 60's rather than the 21st century.

I want to place a dustie record on a pink portable record player and dance around my room thinking how sweet it is that I can carry around a portable record player and play the Beetles wherever I'd like. I want to wear a cute coral dress with long sleeves and knee high socks with white chruch shoes and wear my hair in soft curls that wrap around my oval shaped face.

That's what I want, but the reality is that I live in San diego, California with my best friend Cara. I basically live with Cara's boyfriend Colton when he is off dutie, he practically lives here.

I like Colton, he is nice and treats Cara like a princess but, he is a marine and she doesn't see him much and I hate to see her cry but she does everytime she hears the song flightless bird because thats the song Colton sang to hear when she couldn't fall asleep at night.

They have been together since Junior year of highschool, right out of highschool Colton went straight into the USMC not even considering the state that would leave Cara in but, they pushed through and have keep their relationship strong.

Sometimes I evny how easy they are together, they are that couple that god has put together for a purpose. They were meant to be, soulmates.

Only certian women can handle the constant struggle of being a marine Gf or wife and Cara is definitly one of them, she is so strong.

I want to tell you about a last night, last night Colton was coming home from base so Cara wanted to look perfect and have date planned out for them. So being the Amazing friend that I am, I got resevations for them at a nice restaraunt/night club. I also sat Cara down and did her makeup and curled her long strawberry blond hair, then I went into her huge walk in closet and pulled out a very sexy, and classy dress. (outfit link on side)

By the time I gave her a pep talk and finished cleaning up the room, there was a knock at the door. Cara knowing it was Colton took a quick full intake of air and walk over to the door opening it slowly. She didn't even get the door all the way open when Colton grabbed her by her waist and spinned her around landing her gentle on the ground he went in a gave her a long kiss. When he looked up he nodded to him, "Hey, Avery" he smiled his dazzling smile. I said hi and made small talk and told them that they better get going since the reservation was set in an hour. I smiled thinking to myself how happy they make each other, and how perfect they are for each other.

Once they left i changed into my Pj's and threw my long wavy hair into a loose bun that set on the top of my head. I went into the kitchen to grab my phone so i could order some chinese and watch The Hobbit.

When the chinese showed up I went over to the Blu ray and popped in the Hobbit and sat down on the recliner and just relaxed.

I must have fallen asleep half-way through the movie because I woke up to the door knob being roughly twisted, i got up and went over to the door pecking through the hole and saw a gorgeous man that i didn't recognize, i looked down into his arms and he was carrying Cara. I immediately jiggled the door knob open and let the man in. He gently layed her down on the couch by the door.

She was pasted out so I whisperd "Who are you?" he turned around and looked at me I looked at him and probably stared because he coughed and said "oh, I'm Elliott" he smiled and put his hand out I awkwardly shook his hand and smiled. "I'm Avery".

"I know, uh Colton told me about you." He said.

"oh, um where is Colton" I asked.

"Him and Cara got in an argument, he has to go over seas for 2 years." he said with a sympathic look.

I looked over at Cara and felt this pain in my stomach for her. "He just got back" I said with disbelif. I felt his hand move under my eye wiping a tear that I didn't even know had fell. I looked up in his gorgeous blue eyes and quickly looked back down at Cara "She loves him, thats why she is so hurt" he said.

"I know."

He quickly stiffened and walked over to the door, he said "I will come back tomorrow, hopefully with Colton. See ya later Avery." He smiled and walked out. I felt a little regret, I didn't want him to leave, and I don't know why I'm being selfish when I just found out horrible news.

He had this affect on me, even after he told me that Colton will be going over seas, all I could think about was those blue eyes looking down at me and that perfectly sculpted face, and how his white shirt hugged onto his muscles. I couldn't stop thinking of him and how gently he wiped the tear from my face.

I put and blanket over Cara and went upstairs into my bedroom and crawled into bed. I closed my eyes letting my thoughts about Elliott fade away.

***

First chapter! I know short -_- i'm just really tired! Let me know if you like it so far though! :)