Chapter 5

I got to school and found Zayn “Hey man” “Hey Lou, what’s up with you and Liam?” I sigh “I dunno he’s just not keen on Harry staying, he almost looks like he’s scared and jealous which is ridiculous.” Zayn had this look on his face which I couldn’t quite read. That’s one thing that frustrates me about Zayn, you can never read him. “You guys will sort it out, you’re best friends you guys always do.” I shrugged “yeah, I guess you’re right. I’ll see you at lunch.” Zayn pats my back “See ya mate.”

I walk off, dreading class knowing that Liam and I still had a weird vibe between us. Maybe he was just in a bad mood yesterday and things will be ok between us. When I get to class I sigh of relief because Liam wasn’t here yet which ment he had to make the awkward decision of whether or not he was going to sit with me. As a few minutes pass the class starts to fill up, then Liam looks over to me. He stands there in deep thought then makes his way over to me.

“Hey Lou” he takes a seat next to me “Hey mate.” He turns towards me “you know how we are best mates?” I nod in confusion wondering where he’s going with this conversation “we can talk to each other about anything right? And you don’t get mad about what the other person has to say, you just hear them out right?” “Yeah of course Li, did you need to talk about something?” He turns his body towards the front of the class but keeps his eyes on mine, “No, not yet anyway.” not yet? What does he mean by that I say to myself. “Uhh okay, but we’re algood right mate?” Liam chuckles “Yeah, sorry about the other day I just had some things on my mind.”

“It’s okay, plus how can you stay mad at this cute face” I say as I put my hands on my chin, showing of my face “Yeah, yeah don’t flatter yourself mate” We both laugh “Mr Payne, Mr Tomlinson, was there something funny you wanted to share with the class?” The professor asks “well Liam here was just admiring my f--” Liam shoves his hand against my mouth before I could finish. “No sorry Sir, carry on we won’t be any more nuisance” “Speak for yourself” I whisper to Liam. He just rolls his eyes and we carry on with the lesson.

In the next 2 lessons I tried to focus on doing my assessment but my mind kept wondering off to thoughts of Harry and hoping that he was doing ok at home. What if he just leaves and doesn’t come back or what if he gets lost when he goes out and can’t find his way back. These thoughts kept rotating through my mind, until I slam my head on the desk. Lou stop stressing he’ll be fine. “Lou are you okayLiam asks I turn my head to the side still resting my cheek on the desk, he was looking at me with a concerned look on his face. I sigh “Yeah I’m fine just sick of this assessment” I lie not wanting to bring up Harry and make Liam angry again.

The final lesson passed way to slow but eventually the bell rang and we got up to go to lunch. “I’ll meet you in the cafeteria I just need to go to the loo” I tell Liam, I didn’t actually need to go but I needed to put all my thoughts at rest. I make my way over to the bathroom and pull out my phone to call my home phone number. After about 6 rings Harry picks up “U-um Hello?” I chuckle at how nervous he sounds “Hey Haz it’s me Lou” I hear him sigh of relief “I wasn’t sure whether I should answer or not”

“Glad you did. Is everything ok? No crazy drunk people knocking on the door?”

“Uh is that something I should look out for?”

I laugh “Unfortunately, so have you been out yet?”

“Um no not yet”

“Well i’ll be back in 40 minutes so when I get back we can go out if you’d like”

“Yeah, sure” I smile so wide my lips feel like they’re going to rip apart.

“Ok well I better get going then, I’ll see you soon Haz”