27

Brine's POV
(The Next Weekend)

"Your nervous." Reid said as we entered the building. I swallowed before licking my lips, and jamming my hands in my pockets. "I've never seen you this nervous, what's got you so spooked?" He asked with his hand linked with mine, he gave small nods to the people who spoke to him.

"This is gunna sound cliche." I said in a small voice. "What if she doesn't like me?" I asked him and Reid broke into a smile.

"Actually 83% of the mothers don't like over 70% of the child's relations with females, girlfriends, friends or even teachers." I took in a deep breath as he rambled on. So even if his mom was part if 17% of the moms who do like any girl in their sons life I still only had a 30% chance she would like me. And I knew how Reid was, if his mom didn't like me, he would react badly.

I then felt the walls closing in and I remembered not to seem crazy. I gripped his hand harder and key my eyes locked on a women in the corner, she had short blonde hair and a cardigan on, obviously where Reid had gotten his style for.

"Thanks, that helps." I said with a sarcastic tone, one I often used as a self defensive mechanism, which Reid had pointed out. Reid let out a soft chuckle as he tried to pull me closer to where his mom was, I then stopped.

"Brine," He urged me and I sighed. "Everything is going to be okay." Reid continued and I rolled my eyes. I then nodded, and followed him. Reid then stopped us only a few paces away from his mom, dropping my hand. He then bent down next to his mom. I was paying more attention to how she looked then what actually was coming out of the mouths of both of them. Then Reid motioned over to me and I walked over.

"Hi Mrs Reid-"

"Oh please call me Diana." My throat closed. She was trying to get me to disrespect her or she liked me already. I licked my lips.

"Can-can I sit?" I asked pointing at a chair across from her, she nodded sheepishly. I swallowed sitting in a chair by myself as Reid sat next to his mom. I tried to seem calm but I was afraid that if I shifted wrong I would have a panic attack and then be committed with Reid's mom rather then stopping criminals with Reid.

"You work with Spencer?" She asked me while holding his hands. I nodded quickly to answer her fast. She broke into a small grin while giving Reid a soft glance. "Well that's nice." She responded which and I couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or if she was being rude. I then swallowed.

"Mom, um do you remember me telling you about that date I had?" Reid asked her and she responded with a nod, it was obvious that she didn't actually know if it was me or not but when I shifted it seemed like he understood. "Well Brine and I- um- mom we're together." Reid's mom then blinked.

"Dating?" She asked. Strike one, she says as if its a joke. I swallowed. "Spencer- that's-" She was stammered for a moment before stopping to steady herself. "That's great honey." She said and kissed his cheek, I felt relief flood my system. She then turned to me, a smile on her face. "He talks about you a lot, in his letters." A smile broke to my face, Reids face tuned bright red.

"He does?" I asked and Reid smiled at my sudden bust of happiness. Seeing my mood change made him smile. I then scrunched my nose, "I knew he talked about cases, but I didn't think he talked about me, about us." I said in a small voice while glancing at my hands. Keeping my eyes on them.

"Your all he writes about, your weekend adventures and dates, flying on the plane with you." She said and Reid an even deeper shade of red. I smiled turning just as red with him.

"Mom." Reid whined, causing me to gush but didn't say a thing. I only gnawed on my lip. Trying not to laugh or smile at him.

"I'm sorry Spencer, don't mean to embarrass honey." Honey, he was her whole world, which wasn't unusual because his father had walked out on them when he was then. If I hadn't known that Reid was embarrassed I would say he was mad but I knew Reid wasn't one to be mad. "Now," She said with a smile on her face, "when do I get grand babies?"

//////////////
A/N

Idk if I'm gunna make another chapter or not...

Instagram: @morganallen._ @agent.fangirl

Twitter: @carrotqueen459