Chapter 2

"See him? What do you mean?" Katie asked nervously.

"I mean, I know where he is right now so I can easily show you him," Zoe responded.

"Isn't that against the rules?"

"No, it's not on the signs."

"Okay then. Let's go see Foxy."

Zoe led Katie out of the dining area and towards a door. They entered the hallway on the other side of the door and walked straight down towards the party room at the end. A sign outside read "Pirate Cove". They opened the door to reveal a dimly lit room. Stars hung from the ceiling and pictures hung from the walls.

"Zoe are you sure we're allowed in here?"

"Of course we are. The door isn't locked is it?"

Zoe led the way to a stage at the end of the room. Tables were set up in rows that stopped within feet of the stage. Curtains hung all around the stage, glittering stars on a purple canvas. Zoe continued to go towards the stage and stopped at the edge on the last table.

Katie approached and stopped right next to Zoe when she heard something. A creaking noise, like rusted metal. The sound was coming from behind the curtains. Music played from the distant dining hall and was the only thing showing that time still went on outside of this room where time stood still with these two girls.

Suddenly, the lights came up on the stage throwing a strange purple around the room. The curtains seemed to act like a disco ball.

Then, something appeared in the center on the curtains and stared to draw them open. It was a hook! A glittering silver hook drew the curtains open to reveal the creature inside. A huge mangled red fox stared at them from the small stage. Its bright yellow eyes lit up when it saw them.

"A-argh, what ye scallywags b-b-be doin' in me cove?" stuttered the robotic pirate's voice.