Chapter 3

"A-argh, ye scalleywags be a tresspassin' on me Cove," stammered the malfunctioning fox. It started to move slowly towards them with slow movements. It's fur was made of a patchwork of red felt. It's eyes stared intently at them. The scraping of gears drowned out all noise from the dining area.

Foxy was only inches away from them now. Katie could see every single one of his dull yellow teeth. One of his teeth was golden. His eye patch was up revealing the second eye underneath it. He raised his hook up above his head, ready to swing it down and slice one of the children.

"Run!" Katie yelled to Zoe as she turned and bolted.

Zoe just stood there, frozen solid.

"Come on, Zoe. We need to get-" Katie's plea was cut off by a scream.

Foxy swung his hook down at Zoe. Zoe screamed as the sharp metal hook met her flesh. Then, to finish the job the robot opened his jaw wide and bit down on Zoe's head. Katie watched, frozen in horror as the creature tore her best friend apart.

Parents and employees rushed in after the scream only to find the bloody robot holding a corpse. The robot's eyes almost instantly went dull and lifeless. Everyone pulled out their phones and called for emergency vehicles.

Everything happened so fast. Katie felt instantly alone as if she had been sent to another universe. She stared blankly at the creature and the stage from where it came.

Police came and so did emergency crews. They inspected the body and questioned all that were there. Katie still stood there, silent, as if cut off from everyone.

"Katie?" asked her mother who had just appeared behind her. Katie didn't move, didn't even acknowledge her mother's presence. "Come on, Katie. It's time to go home."