Two

Maria and I have spent the last hour reading a ton of different articles about the coven. We've discovered that this has happened to two other people in the last century. Those two people have lived in these houses, they also were our age. Those two very girls told their friends and were never seen again.

"So what do we do?" I ask Maria.

"Anything but tell anyone." she tells me and I agree. I wonder what happened to those two girls, I mean how can two people just disappear.

"I'm thinking the exact same." Maria says out loud.

"I'm going to have to get used to us reading each other's mind." I tell her and she nods her in agreement. There's a knock on the door, it's Maira mother.

"Come in!" Maria says.

"Dinner is in an hour, just to let you know." she says. "Vanessa would you like to stay for dinner?" she asks me.

"I would love to, thank you." I smile at her as she closes the door. I wish my mom would knock on my door before she comes in.

The Next Day

Maria and I walk to school that morning dead tired because we were up all night researching. As we walk to school, we don't really have a conversation, it's too hard to focus when you can hear everyone else's thoughts.

'Did you hear that boy's thought?' I say in my head, knowing Maria can hear me.

'Yea, what perv.' she says.

Later That Day

After gym, I help pack everything up so I'm the last one in the changing room. Everyone else has left, except for me.

'Help me, please' I hear from nowhere, it's boy voice.

"Who's there?" I say. A tall boy with brown hair, walks out from one of the stalls and looks at me.

"Can you hear me?" he asks.

"Yea, I can see you too." I tell him. He's pretty cute, his voice his deeper voice than most boys I know.

"You perv, this is the girls changing room. What are you doing in here?" I ask.

"I was just wondering around and I saw a lot of girls coming in here so I followed." he shrugs.

"Are you new here?" I ask him.

"No, I've been here for over 100 years." he says and I think he's just because cocky.

"Yea right, just get out of here you perv." I demand.

"Can't you see I'm trying? I'm stuck in here, I'm stuck in this world." he says.

"Stop being over dramatic and just get out." I go to reach for his arm, to pull him out but my hand literally just goes through him. I pull my arm back and scream bloody murder.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I yell.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you." he says. "I died." The gym teacher comes in, to find me talking to the boy.

"Ripley, stop talking to the wall and get out." she says, then walks back out and slams the door.

"Why couldn't she see you too?" I ask him.

"You're the only one that can see me, this is the first time this has happened in the past century." he says.

"How long have you been locked in here?" I ask.

"I don't really remember." he tells me.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Jaxon, with an X." he says.

"Okay, well Jaxon, turn around so I can change." I demand.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." he says.

"Just turn around." I say and he listens. After I finish changing, I tell him he can look now.

"So I'm guessing you want to be let out?" I ask him.

"Yea, that'd be nice." he says.

"Follow me then." I say, walking out of the changing room with him.   

midnightreapers x