Husband & Wife; The Proposal

"Oi Kusokawa," Iwaizumi nudged the brunette's side with his elbow. Oikawa pretended to cry at the sudden attack to his ribs and turned to his best friend to find him with a constipated look on his face. He raised a brow at him, rubbing his ribs.

"What's with that face, Iwa-chan?" He asked, cocking his head to the side for a better look at his expression. "If you think too hard, what's left of your brain cells might die."

"I'm giving you 3 seconds to run." Iwaizumi replied in a deadpan voice, shooting a look at Oikawa.

"I-I'M SORRY I WAS JOKING." Oikawa defended nervously, cold sweat dominating his entire face. Once Iwaizumi had looked away, the flamboyant male breathed a sigh of relief, patting his chest to soothe his poor heart. "Nee, what's with that look? Like you're trying hard to plan something."

"I am," Iwaizumi sighed, tilting his head up.

"Are you planning to propose?" Oikawa lit up, throwing his arms around Iwaizumi's shoulders excitedly.

"D-Damn it!" Iwaizumi cursed, trying to push Oikawa away from him. "How did you figure?"

"You are? You are!" Oikawa jumped up, throwing his hands up. "I'm so excited!"

"Shut the hell up!" Iwaizumi landed his knuckles against the brunette's head, causing him to cry animated tears. The ravenette felt the tip of his ears burn a little. "Why are you so excited anyways?"

"Because Rae-chan and I are best of friends, after all!" Oikawa sung, feeling like he was walking on his toes. "So when are you going to propose? Where? How?"

"S-Shut up, dumbass!" Iwaizumi glanced at his surroundings nervously, worried that someone might overhear them. He sighed and relaxed his shoulders. "That's why I need your help."

"Iwa-chan..." Oikawa teared up, pressing his hand on his mouth. "You're genuinely asking for my help? I accept!"

"I think I might take back my words."

"I can't believe this, I'm so touched!" Oikawa continued to fanboy, completely disregarding his best friend. "I can still remember the old you who can't even look into the eyes of girls properly! I'm so proud you made it this far!"

"Your 3 seconds is up."

A punch was delivered to the noisy brunette.

--

I turned around, keeping my eyes on the full length mirror before me as I did so. I examined my yukata from head to toe, not missing out any detail. Noticing a slight crease on my back, I frowned. "Can you please smooth that out for me, Hiyori-chan?" I asked, pouting at the high schooler.

"Of course!" The kind girl nodded, proceeding to ease my frustrations. Once she once done, she took a step back and smiled at my reflection. "You look really pretty!"

"You really think so?" I asked, beaming at her, holding onto the sleeves of my yukata as I waved it around.

"Mmhmm!" She nodded.

"Aww thank you, Hiyori-chan~!" I cheered, pulling her into an embrace, squeezing her with affection. She let out a little chuckle, gingerly putting her arms around me. "I just got this and I wondered if it looked good on me. Come on, I'll do your hair." I offered, turning her around.

She sat on her chair as I stood behind her, combing my fingers through her smooth long brown hair. I hummed to the tune Kyouran Hey Kids! by The Oral Cigarette as I picked up thick strands of her hair, pulling them into a neat French braid.